Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I know what you're saying, Cheryl
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 9/30/14 7:45am Msg #516192
I've learned over the years to go my gut AND

1) Personal experience with vendors, relationship building
2) What I read in the forum.

SC is a good resource, but it is flawed on several accounts:

Because we're all in different parts of the country, different demographics, and we're all different people, the ratings are skewed because of how people use the star rating system.

I've seen some people give four stars to a company that didn't pay for 60 days. How can that be a four star rating?

Low paying companies have four stars, how come?

We can't go by SC, it's a great place to find out about the ugly, uglier, ugliest companies, but their are a lot of three star companies rated four stars, IMHO.

This is not notaryrotary.com's doing, it's our doing.

That is why I recommend keeping your own list and building on it.

Lately, I've been removing signing companies from my list, not adding them, and finding I'm getting more work directly from title and escrow, not signing services.

So, as I tried to amplify recently, every NSA worth their salt should have their own list. The most valuable information I garner is from forum updates on companies. Networking with this group will provide a lot of valuable information not shown or not reliable in SC. Like I said, notaries are creating the misinformation in SC, not Notaryrotary.com.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Posting to Signing Central (Venting!) - parkerc/ME on 9/29/14 4:18pm
 Service Link (for those who "Search" for them) n/m - parkerc/ME on 9/29/14 4:22pm
 Re: Posting to Signing Central (Venting!) -  Claudine Osborne on 9/29/14 4:26pm
 Yep, Cheryl. Nailed it! :D n/m -  Christine/OK on 9/29/14 5:28pm
 Re: Posting to Signing Central (Venting!) - Darlin_AL on 9/29/14 7:24pm
 Amen Cheryl! Loved '...reading by candlelight'! n/m - HrdwrkrVA on 9/29/14 7:47pm
 I know what you're saying, Cheryl -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/30/14 7:45am
 Forgot to mention that SS company owners -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/30/14 8:21am
 All excellent points! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 9/30/14 3:05pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.