Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Even more to think about!
Posted by Sandra G Holland of TX on 9/30/14 6:49pm Msg #516267
Hi, Les. We can all try to be prepared, but as we all know that doesn't always help. Being alert, being armed, as as she did, giving her husband the address to start from if she disappeared, are ways most of us try to be prepared. I've heard of people who witness Christ to their kidnappers. I hope that if that ever happens to me, I am given enough strength to have the presence of mind to do that. As to your quote, I knew it isn't from the Bible. Since some may think it is, I just wanted to mention that. I looked up the origin of the phrase but it developed in obscurity in the 1600's. For those who would like to look up what the Bible says instead of that saying, here is what the Internet said: Isaiah 25:4 and 64:6; Romans 5:6, 3:23, 6:23 and 5:8; and II Corinthians 5:21. I plan to look them up myself. I have seen that saying before on lists for people to guess whether it is from the Bible, Shakespeare or "Poor Richard's Almanac". Many people guess the latter, but it is neither.

A few years ago, there was a story about a realtor who was murdered in the same situation. That is why realtors started asking for your ID and putting them in the office. Then, a few years ago an Internet source said that it had not really happened. Well, now it has happened.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Even more to think about! - Katmet on 9/29/14 10:42pm
 Re: Even more to think about! -  Barbara___IL on 9/30/14 1:02am
 Re: Even more to think about! -  Les_CO on 9/30/14 7:52am
 Re: Even more to think about! - Sandra G Holland on 9/30/14 8:28am
 Re: Even more to think about! -  Les_CO on 9/30/14 9:29am
 Re: Even more to think about! - Sandra G Holland on 9/30/14 6:49pm
 Re: Even more to think about!really upsetting n/m - sheltn on 9/30/14 4:18pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.