Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Have you already implemented Marazz/AZ previous post?
Posted by  Christine/OK of OK on 10/23/14 2:30pm Msg #517832
Marazz suggested the following:

"I'd write letters to anyone and everyone connected with the assignment, and most importantly send a copy of the letter to the compliance officer at the lender. Call the lender's main information number, ask who their compliance officer is and address the letter by name.

Also make sure you write a letter to HUD and/or FHFA. If the HUD-1 shows the borrower paid for notary services and you did not get paid, someone could be guilty of a RESPA violation.

Before I did any of that however, I'd write up a letter saying that is what I will do, and send it to the signing service, the loan officer, and the title company. I'd also mention in the letter that the homeowner will be copied on all documents going forward because although you know they are not responsible for this, you want them to be aware of what kind of people they are doing business with. I'd also mention in my letter that I'll be watching the public records and when I see that this loan has been sold I'll be sending all this information to the new lender, because, if the people involved in the transaction are being dishonest with you who knows what else in that file is iffy, and I'd suggest they audit the whole file.

I would not imply, in any of those letters, that you believe anyone but the signing service is responsible for paying you. But you want to advise them of possible RESPA violations and let them know that their vendor is less than scrupulous. No one wants problems from an affiliated business and if you make enough noise it could be come uncomfortable enough for the SS to pay you just to shut you up. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Get to squeaking. Good luck."
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Isn't Notary on the Run out of business? Got this mssg from - HrdwrkrVA on 10/23/14 12:36pm
 Re: Isn -  Hiba/CA on 10/23/14 12:56pm
 Their website's still up ... -  Yoli/CA on 10/23/14 1:14pm
 Still scheduling as of 8/7/14 -  Linda_H/FL on 10/23/14 1:24pm
 Have you already implemented Marazz/AZ previous post? -  Christine/OK on 10/23/14 2:30pm
 Time to start writing letters, HrdwrkerVA! - BearPaw/CO on 10/23/14 8:26pm
 Since 1999 a family owned business... -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/24/14 8:46am
 All I know is they run from paying you. n/m - desktopfull on 10/24/14 2:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.