Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I'm needing a rant and I'm naming names
Posted by notaryKing of OH on 3/1/15 11:58pm Msg #525661
I've been doing closings now for a very long time. I'm up over 3000 career. I want to share my experience with a company last week and I hope to weed out bad SS's and CSA's at the same time.

Global Notary calls me. They have a refi package 20 miles away. Faxbacks. $60. I laughed. As I'm on the phone with these tools I pull up my excel spreadsheet to check my own records with them. I've done 3 deals in 2 years and I have a note not to work for them, since they are a sister company Nations Direct, the malignant cancer SS. I'm going to talk numbers here. I told them my fee is $175. They call back 3 hours later, approved.

Do the signing. Since I haven't faxed in a refi package in YEARS, I'm perusing the HUD. Global's cut from Linear Title for the signing? $395. The culminating kick to the nuts for the week I had last week, ex-wife issues along with a foot of snow in my way all week.

I emailed Global and told them to remove me. If they ever call again, the price is $250. This thread is for the new and the old dogs here as well.

Newbies: I could NOT remember the last time I faxed in a refi. For the now over 50 companies I work for, none have me fax work. The only faxes I ever send are for the purchases I do and that's a necessity.

Newbies: I know its tough when you start, you get all jacked up when your phone rings for business, in the excitement just to get work, you accept a fee to where after you print and drive and your time, the kids who pass out the Big Macs and fries are kicking your ass on the hourly hit.

Newbies: Taking on deals for companies like this to get your volume up to pump up your hourly for a days work is not only killing our business, your quickly putting yourself out of business. I don't care if your in downtown Atlanta or rural Virginia. $60 fee to a CSA for all we put out in licenses, insurance, and our other fees are flat out rape. Stop working for them. Give them a number and make them call you back. Wal-Mart is always hiring, you'll make $90 a day there for 8 hours with no $$$ out of pocket other than your gas money to and fro.

To the fellow pros: I called that title company. I told them what they were having done to their name and that their work was being farmed out to the lowest bidder. I told them as long as they send their work to that company, I will not work for them. If I'm sent a package from them by one of my companies I will reserve the right to cancel myself(sweet line eh?). My calls for fixing defects are up and I'm not getting any more calls from FASS or ND, finally. They are fired for good. After a bad Jan, Feb rebounded. I picked up a client as well this month who pays $300 for anywhere I go as long as they get first right to my time.

I really want to meet a CSA who works for this company. They have to be eating out of the same dish as their pet.

SMH

#negotiate
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I'm needing a rant and I'm naming names - notaryKing on 3/1/15 11:58pm
 Wishing for a 'like' button! n/m -  JPH13/MO on 3/2/15 1:40am
 While you say you've been around for a long time, you -  MW/VA on 3/2/15 7:41am
 Re: Thanks for the Names - ajm2 on 3/2/15 8:05am
 I don't care about the HUD fee... -  Roger_OH on 3/2/15 9:21am
 Re: I agree with you Roger. I name my fee first! n/m - in2wiin on 3/2/15 9:29am
 What he said ^^^^ Why would you even answer the phone? n/m -  Larry/IL on 3/2/15 10:12am
 Please clarify. There are 2 Global Notary's listed in -  MW/VA on 3/2/15 1:17pm
 one in the same. same email and web addresses n/m -  sigtogo/OR on 3/2/15 1:52pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.