Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I'm reading the OP differently, I guess?
Posted by  ReneeK_MI of MI on 3/30/15 7:15am Msg #527793
The scenario that I'm getting is that the request to close off-site came from the lender & the homebuilder, NOT the notary. Grant you, the OP is ambiguous - but he does state "off-site at their request".

Answering from that perspective - I don't see how your neutrality as a notary would reflect on their relationship in the transaction in any way, shape or form.

Just as I don't see how the location of the signing would, either. The only thing my imagination can come up with is that the lender wanted all the distance he could come up with to have this appear "arms length", and figures by not being inside the office it would remove another layer. I have no clue.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 A question from a pro, to the pros. This one got me. Help - notaryKing on 3/27/15 11:22pm
 A question from a pro, to the pros. This one got me. Help - TacomaBoy on 3/28/15 12:44am
 Re: A question from a pro, to the pros. This one got me. Help -  VT_Syrup on 3/28/15 2:46am
 as stated above why are you finding conflict? - Darlin_AL on 3/28/15 10:20am
 Re: A question from a pro, to the pros. This one got me. Help - Luckydog on 3/28/15 11:46am
 If you are not named in the documents, have no $$$ interest -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/28/15 12:06pm
 I'm reading the OP differently, I guess? -  ReneeK_MI on 3/30/15 7:15am
 Re: I - notaryKing on 3/30/15 12:06pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.