Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Notorial act without certificate wording
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 8/25/16 9:06pm Msg #559188
I'd say the document had electronic signatures UNTIL IT WAS PRINTED. Then it had computer-printed signatures.

Next, unless you're an attorney, the kind of notarial act to perform isn't up to you, it's up to the signers or the entity that is asking for the document to be notarized. Somebody else needs to choose the kind of notarial act. (Maybe that's what happened and you just didn't mention it in your post.)

Since it turned out to be an acknowledgement, the signers could have just pointed to whatever kind of signature was on the document and say to you "I signed that as my free act and deed" or equivalent wording, and you could have notarized it. But it doesn't hurt to have them sign again with pen and ink.

If it had been an oath or solemn affirmation, signing again would have been mandatory.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Notorial act without certificate wording - Nancy Erives on 8/25/16 5:16pm
 Going on the basis that you're truly from Alaska - Linda_H/FL on 8/25/16 5:38pm
 I didn't see anything in that handbook about - Linda_H/FL on 8/25/16 5:42pm
 What state are you in? n/m -  Yoli/CA on 8/25/16 5:38pm
 Nancy, what type of documents had the electronic sigs on it? n/m -  Cari on 8/25/16 8:59pm
 Re: Notorial act without certificate wording -  VT_Syrup on 8/25/16 9:06pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.