Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Maryland All purpose Acknowledgement: no such thing
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 12/9/16 4:02pm Msg #566345
I notice that the MD notary manual says that notaries may not prepare the certificates (p. 7 q. 21). This seems like a horrible idea to me; it's much easier to prepare a correct certificate than to figure out if a certificate prepared by somebody else is lawful or not. And you certainly don't want to go around completing unlawful certificates.

Then, beginning on page 15 there are examples of acknowledgement certificates! Were page 7 and page 15 written by different people who don't talk to each other? Or maybe MD notaries can use the certificates beginning on page 15 because they didn't prepare them. Who knows?

Anyway, you will find different sample acknowledgement certificates for private individuals, persons acting in a representative capacity, and for signing on behalf of a corporation. The phrase "all purpose acknowledgement" means the same certificate can be used regardless whether a person is signing for himself, for another person, or for a corporation. So MD doesn't have an all purpose acknowledgement.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Maryland All purpose Acknowledgement -  KimmyMD on 12/9/16 10:25am
 Re: Maryland All purpose Acknowledgement - LKT/CA on 12/9/16 11:50am
 Re: MD APA (I dared not say!! Wondering the issue??) n/m -  NVLSlady/VA on 12/9/16 3:36pm
 Re: Maryland All purpose Acknowledgement: no such thing -  VT_Syrup on 12/9/16 4:02pm
 Great insight, VT. -  BrendaTx on 12/9/16 8:27pm
 This is so interesting. -  BrendaTx on 12/9/16 8:35pm
 Re: Maryland All purpose Acknowledgement: no such thing -  NVLSlady/VA on 12/10/16 6:58am
 Re: Maryland All purpose Acknowledgement: no such thing -  VT_Syrup on 12/10/16 7:35am
 That is really strange. I can understand not being able to -  MW/VA on 12/10/16 9:57am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.