Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

ugly out there ... no signs due to title snafus
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 12/10/16 12:13amMsg #566361
Got to a signing, and the vesting had not been corrected per a grant deed vesting John and Jill Doe, H&W as community property with the right of survivorship. The co-borrower was relentless. She was refinancing 370K at 3.75%, had to have impound account for t&i in order to get 1/8th more reduction to interest rate. Payment due next week. Lender added impound account ($3K) to loan, she went ballistic. So after one hour haggling with LO, we adjourned the signing until title could be fixed. Talk about a waste of time...travel and printing, and no successful culmination after 1 hour of listening to her belittle the process...I was so ready for a martini in each fist...drove straight home and exchanged "professional attire" for slippers and my robe, glass of wine, and I'm hitting the hay.

Yesterday had a VA signing, out and back into the trust, wife of one borrower (son) signed a qc deed, so three deeds. No PCORs? what is that about. Today the borrower, an attorney was preparing his own. Escrow company asked him to...really? What do you pay your escrow holder to do for their fees? i was appalled.

The longer I'm in this biz, the weirder it gets.

I'm driving to Cambria for a mega loan tomorrow. I need a long walk on the beach with Romeo and unwind. I had so many embarrassing low job offers this week, I want to puke. Greed,greed, greed.

Wait...I failed to mention the GA-attorney only state refinance signing I had this week, requiring two witnesses and to have the attorney on the call. What a joke. It was a split signing. The attorney only asked the borrowers if they had any ?? about their transaction...how can you have any questions...just sign the sucker and get it closed after 90 days.

I need some sleep for sure...but no sleeping in tomorrow...gotta be at the ER physician's home early before emergencies start happening, or I'll be waiting in the wings between his gigs.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 ugly out there ... no signs due to title snafus -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/10/16 12:13am
 Re: ugly out there ... no signs due to title snafus -  Donna LaBelle on 12/10/16 1:46am
 had a lovely signing last night.... - notarydi/CA on 12/10/16 7:44am
 Re: had a lovely signing last night.... - SteveS/CA on 12/10/16 9:31am
 No, I don't think they do, Donna - BearPaw/CO on 12/10/16 11:33am
 "The longer I'm in this biz, the weirder it gets". So true! -  MW/VA on 12/10/16 9:43am
 Current i.d. - people just don't care. I always - snowflake/PA on 12/10/16 2:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.