Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 2/17/17 8:21am Msg #570199
In FL, I get the occasional GA or SC properties, and have to call the attorney during the closing so she can tell me where to witness on the "second line" of the Deed of Trust and have their witness sign top line. Then she asks if they have any questions...and that's it. That is all they do and get paid for this 30 second call and stamp the package when it returns. They cannot answer lender questions. Sort of useless actually, but required.
That's how this happens in FL for mail away GA and SC properties when they visit here or snowbirds and refi down here or buy. As for in GA, I was always told it had to be closed at or with the attorney present, and this is why GA NSA's are pretty much non existent.
I would deff. reverify your information on if you even can do GA closings not with attorney present.

Yes, I would hope we all have manners when at a buyers home...sort of common knowledge when in China, do as the Chinese do. I try to park in driveways just because many gated communities here do not want you parking in the road or they have odd and even days. Just me I never park in front of the mail box or block another drive...sort of common sense, but nice post to remind everyone it's not about us all the time.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Etiquette examples I picked up & req to share your examples - Samantha Pasell on 2/16/17 11:04am
 Isn't GA still an attorney-only state? n/m - Lee/AR on 2/16/17 11:14am
 Re: Isn - Samantha Pasell on 2/16/17 11:18am
 I think that's not correct Samantha - not sure who - Linda_H/FL on 2/16/17 12:32pm
 Addition to my post - Samantha Pasell on 2/16/17 12:48pm
 Re: Isn - fiberguru on 2/16/17 12:37pm
 I've become a fist bumper! -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/16/17 11:31am
 I'd take mild exception to one point... -  Roger_OH on 2/16/17 1:53pm
 Re: I - Samantha Pasell on 2/16/17 1:55pm
 Re: I - Luckydog on 2/17/17 8:21am
 Re: Etiquette examples I picked up & req to share your examples - MOGal on 2/17/17 12:41pm
 Re: Etiquette examples I picked up & req to share your examples - SteveS/CA on 2/17/17 4:22pm
 Re: Etiquette examples I picked up & req to share your examples -  Donna LaBelle on 2/17/17 5:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.