Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Did you go about it the wrong way?
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 3/20/17 2:17pm Msg #572236
"Also asking because I tried that with a different company who paid late and got blew up on by title. Was wondering if I went about it the wrong way. "

If I understand correctly, MortgageDocs is the current SS that your OP regarding, as of right now, that company being a non-paying, non-responsive SS company which you preformed work for (i.e. a SS, which your personal business history with, is one which Does Not Pay As Agreed).

You have had a similar experience with another SS company in the recent past which you eventually received payment(?) but only after you contacted TC regarding your non-payment for services issue with the company they hired and paid to complete the signing. Title then addressed the issue with the SS (they "got blew up on").

My Short Answer: NO, you didn't go about it the wrong way.

I can only guess that the reason you are second guessing yourself regarding contacting title in that situation, in an effort to finally receive payment for services rendered, is that the SS in that situation must have said something to you after the TC did, IMO, the very thing they should have done as well as investigating to discover if this was an isolated incident or if their vendor is someone they should never hire again and should not have ever hired in the first place. Perhaps the SS said something the effect that they would not use you in the future, or possibly they threatened to tell other SS owners not to hire you (this one seems to be a favorite of a lot of lying deadbeats), or really, anything other than ... immediately paying you, thanking you for performing the services they requested, and apologizing to you for their inability to be professional and pay as agreed.

If something like that is the reason you are second guessing the actions that, let's face it, it was the deadbeat to slow paying non-professional SS company, if not an outright scam artist, who is responsible for forcing you into a position where you felt you should inform title of their actions!
Bottom line - if that such an SS tried telling me that they wouldn't use me because I expect to be paid for requested services provided, IF I had not already blocked their number and emails, I would inform them that their company is no longer allowed to contact me requesting services as I have a standing policy that I will not extend credit to companies who lie and do not pay as agreed and that I would be openly sharing my latest experience with their company to others, locally, and on line .... CLICK!! Then I would do just that. That would including naming the company in the heading of posts in notary forms, linking those posts to their profile, and letting my local notary friends know of my experience right away.

Deadbeat SS's are able to stay in business, in part, because NSA's that have been ripped off either don't publicly let others know of their experience with them. Some people are afraid of possible legal issues, that the threats from a company that is ripping people off has the ability to influence other honest companies not to use your services, etc.

I say don't second guess yourself. You are in business and you expect to be paid for services just as any other business does. Non/Slow paying SS companies should be reported to the TC that hired them and if they are not willing to do what they should do about a vendor they pay not paying subcontractors and/or they decide to keep on using them after being warned, contacting someone at the lender would not be out of bounds, imo. After all, honest lending companies are concerned about their own reputations as well as the reputations of the companies they use to provide services to the lenders' own customers. If a non-paying SS thinks you should work for free, shouldn't some of that expected "free" services include free advertising of the facts (only truthful & verifiable ones of course) of your experiences with their SS to as many NSA's, TC's, lenders, state & fed agencies & officials as possible? That's how I helped to shut down a couple of long time scam artists posing as SS companies several years ago.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Collecting on Fees Not Paid - Goldenladyga on 3/20/17 11:09am
 Who is the SS? -  Yoli/CA on 3/20/17 11:14am
 Re: Who is the SS? -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/20/17 11:22am
 Re: Who is the SS? - Goldenladyga on 3/20/17 11:42am
 Did you go about it the wrong way? - Moneyman/TX on 3/20/17 2:17pm
 Re: Did you go about it the wrong way? - Goldenladyga on 3/21/17 1:47pm
 Re: Who is the SS? - SteveS/CA on 3/20/17 3:55pm
 Re: Who is the SS? - Goldenladyga on 3/20/17 11:38am
 Re: Collecting on Fees Not Paid -  Doris_CO on 3/20/17 11:24am
 I hope you learn to use Signing Central to avoid situations -  MW/VA on 3/20/17 11:51am
 Re: I hope you learn to use Signing Central to avoid situations - Goldenladyga on 3/20/17 12:16pm
 Goldenladyga Please Contact Me . . . - PegiT_MN on 3/20/17 1:40pm
 years ago... - Luckydog on 3/20/17 4:35pm
 It's really very simple...title company -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/20/17 4:45pm
 I'm glad you found NR. I was in that same places years ago- -  MW/VA on 3/20/17 6:41pm
 Re: Collecting on Fees Not Paid - Len on 3/20/17 5:37pm
 As harsh as that seems, the tc response to you was correct. -  MW/VA on 3/20/17 6:42pm
 Re: Collecting on Fees Not Paid - Len on 3/20/17 5:39pm
 Four-star, yes, but check out the last three entries with .. -  John/CT on 3/20/17 6:54pm
 Re: Four-star, yes, but check out the last three entries with .. - Len on 3/20/17 8:17pm
 Re: Four-star, yes, but check out the last three entries with .. - susie/fl on 3/21/17 2:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.