Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Great questions, Tanaka; however, there is no hands-on
Posted by  Christine/OK of OK on 6/17/17 4:34am Msg #576906
training available. This profession is defined as an independent contractor and you're a business owner. Lucky's insight is valid: "The fastest thing to sink anyone in this profession are mistakes."

This is a business and anyone in this business will (rightfully so) view you/your services as "the competition" especially now for these are VERY lean times.

My recommendation would be to teach yourself the regulations for your state and know them and understand them completely. I'd also recommend performing only general notary work (titles, divorce decrees, permission slips, etc.) for at least six months to a year to help you understand the notarial regulations and to learn more.

As the notary/business owner one of your most important resources is this website & forum. The onus is upon you to determine which companies that you'll be extending credit to and at times that may seem overwhelming. You're extending credit to a company by accepting loan signing work (unless your require payment up-front) and they will usually pay on average between 1-2 weeks after the signing or possibly up to 30 days afterward. Some companies will want to extend it out even further . . . be VERY cautious about those companies. Take the time to reference "Signing Central" (see above on the tool bar) for the listing of company names and their rating (maximum rating is 5 stars). Check the SC listing BEFORE you accept a loan signing engagement (or shortly thereafter). A general guideline is to work with the 4 and 5-star businesses; however, when you're reviewing their rating, Tanaka, use the star rating IN CONJUNCTION with the Comments. There has been a great downturn in the companies that can be relied upon over the past 18 months or so and those comments will provide insights into the current state of affairs with each company. Chasing after the money you've earned can be quite frustrating, so look at SC before you book the signing engagement. Smile Perform due diligence on a variety of levels to save yourself the heartache and remember that this is a business that will need professional attention as well as quite a bit of marketing.

Best wishes for success to all. Big Smile
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Clark County, Washington hands on training - Tanaka Axberg on 6/16/17 10:40am
 Re: Clark County, Washington hands on training - Luckydog on 6/16/17 11:44am
 PS - Luckydog on 6/16/17 11:45am
 Re: PS -  JanetK_CA on 6/16/17 6:35pm
 Re: privacy issues - JkWa on 6/18/17 4:33pm
 I'm sure it would be a faux signing ... - BearPaw/CO on 6/18/17 5:17pm
 They are "staged" signings for videos. n/m - Luckydog on 6/18/17 8:00pm
 I sent you a private message with a suggestion. n/m -  MW/VA on 6/16/17 2:14pm
 Great questions, Tanaka; however, there is no hands-on -  Christine/OK on 6/17/17 4:34am
 P.S. Do you already have your EIN established, Tanaka? n/m -  Christine/OK on 6/17/17 4:36am
 One more thing about ratings - especially for 'newbies' -  JanetK_CA on 6/17/17 3:35pm
 Re: Clark County, Washington hands on training - JkWa on 6/18/17 4:39pm
 Re: Clark County, Washington hands on training - Luckydog on 6/18/17 8:05pm
 Re: Clark County, Washington hands on training - Gary/Wa on 6/18/17 11:42pm
 Could/would you explain how? I am curious - Linda_H/FL on 6/19/17 6:25am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.