Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

P.S. The Brother MFC L6800DWT recognizes the distinction
Posted by  Christine/OK of OK on 6/25/17 9:32am Msg #577342
and can be configured to differentiate between legal and letter size document pages when PRINTING from a PDF file, but does NOT recognize that difference when scanning. Frown

Attempted a broad variety of configurations to no avail even if the choice was set to Detect. It would scan all pages in the document package the same size as the INITIAL page in that package.

I found this to be a conundrum so reached out to the Technical Support Team at Brother and chatted with James and then the highest level of technical support, but this MFC cannot be configured to detect page size during a scan. As such, if I have a combination of sizes in the document package to scan back, I configure it to legal and then all pages scan in as legal (of course, this makes for a much larger file size).

NOTE: The Brother team did suggest Wink purchasing a dedicated scanner as it WILL recognize the difference when scanning. For me, too large of a footprint on the credenza and "No" to the additional expense for more equipment as scan back requests are few and far in-between.

I did suggest that they provide a software update to enable the MFC L6800DWT to recognize the distinction in document sizes as the programmers have already created the code for it and that it is already a feature on their scanners . . . Crossing my fingers! Smile
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 BancServ file upload 30MB limit => caveat -  Christine/OK on 6/25/17 9:20am
 P.S. The Brother MFC L6800DWT recognizes the distinction -  Christine/OK on 6/25/17 9:32am
 Re: P.S. The Brother MFC L6800DWT recognizes the distinction -  Cari on 6/25/17 10:22am
 Yes, fund the same day-4 me, scanbacks Very rare! Thankfully n/m -  Christine/OK on 6/25/17 10:47am
 Re: P.S. The Brother MFC L6800DWT recognizes the distinction - grapebed on 6/25/17 12:22pm
 :) TYVM, grapebed, it's the process I designed for -  Christine/OK on 6/25/17 1:50pm
 Re: P.S. The Brother MFC L6800DWT recognizes the distinction - Luckydog on 6/25/17 5:05pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.