Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Most bizarre turn of events in a signing ever! I had a
Posted by  MW/VA of VA on 9/13/17 6:11pm Msg #582940
purchase w/loan signing on 8-30 for a property in a neighboring city. The tc (out of FL) asked that I record the DOT & they would send me to Deed, checks for recording, etc. I explained to them that I don't like to get involved in recording, because our local municipalities will not record while you wait. The most you can do in place it in a drop box, but you can time & date stamp the cover sheet. I asked if I could pick it up later that day, and was told that it wouldn't record that day, the next day, or maybe after the holiday (Labor Day). The TC could not fund the loan for the lender until the lender knew the Deed was recorded. He called the Recorder's office several times & I was following up as well because I was very concerned.
It turned out that I called today & the Deed & DOT were finally recorded on 9-7, but the FedEx tracking shows it didn't ship until today! Unbelievable!
I've tried to email the gentleman at the tc, but am getting an "out of the office due to hurricane" response--no surprise there. I also have no idea when they'll be back in their offices or when FedEx will be able to deliver those recorded docs. I
I thought it was an interesting story of how this business works. If it had recorded on time, the loan would have funded ahead of the hurricane. Oh, well. Lives matter more!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Most bizarre turn of events in a signing ever! I had a -  MW/VA on 9/13/17 6:11pm
 Recording deeds can be a good deal - CW2Ret/VA on 9/14/17 7:36am
 Re: Recording deeds can be a good deal - Luckydog on 9/14/17 8:23am
 Re: Recording deeds can be a good deal - CW2Ret/VA on 9/14/17 8:34am
 Re: Recording deeds can be a good deal - NVLSlady/VA on 9/14/17 11:20am
 This scenario reminded me exactly why e-recording is needed. n/m -  MW/VA on 9/14/17 3:31pm
 Re: This scenario reminded me exactly why e-recording is needed. - NVLSlady/VA on 9/14/17 4:11pm
 Article on eRecording "complications" (See Msg #580777) n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 9/14/17 4:56pm
 That's a great deal in counties that will record while you -  MW/VA on 9/14/17 9:31am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.