Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Fees in Georgia
Posted by Lee/AR of AR on 1/11/18 4:11pm Msg #588623
First, GA is an attorney-only state for loans. The fees you've shown are for what we call General Notary Work. It's my understanding that GA notaries can still do SOME type of 'loan' work...Applications being the only one I know about. When you get that type of work, you are doing WAY MORE than notarizing: you are couriering the docs to a signer and then to a dropoff location; you generally are printing a large package twice (150 pages or MORE, twice) and collecting a bunch of stuff from the signer and, often, faxing some or all of it back after being 'at the table' an hour or more (sometimes much more) and you are 'presenting' each document with a brief explanation. This type of work is NOT included in GNW and is over and above that by a considerable amount which only you can decide. Don't forget travel time & taxes, gas, paper, toner, equipment, etc., etc., etc. I, for one, will not do an Application signing for less than $125, but that's just me. Travel can easily turn this fee into $225...again, just me. Some charge less, many charge more.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Fees in Georgia - WillieS on 1/11/18 3:40pm
 Re: Fees in Georgia - Lee/AR on 1/11/18 4:11pm
 Re: Fees in Georgia - Agree with LEE/AR.... and -  Pamela/CA on 1/11/18 4:40pm
 Re: Fees in Georgia - Neil Robinson on 10/14/19 9:04am
 Re: Fees in Georgia - Luckydog on 1/11/18 6:58pm
 Re: Fees in Georgia - WillieS on 1/12/18 2:12pm
 Re: Fees in Georgia -  Doris_CO on 1/12/18 8:36pm
 Re: Fees in Georgia - WillieS on 1/16/18 11:20am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.