Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

No overwhelming demand by borrowers for all electronic
Posted by grapebed of MO on 2/21/18 7:52pm Msg #590143
copies of closing documents. Although I personally the major lenders/title companies will force consumers to go all digital whether they want to or not.

February 21, 2018

A NEW REPORT FROM FISERV ( the leading provider of technology to lenders)

"Advancing technologies are making their way into the mortgage customer experience, however, a new report says most borrowers aren’t that interested in the latest text notifications, and voice-activated applications, reports HousingWire. The report comes from Fiserv, a technology solutions provider for banks, credit unions, and other financial clients, that specializes in such systems.

Yes for email, no for text

According to the article, Joe Dombrowski, director of project management for Fiserv, revealed the report findings at a conference session during the recent 2018 Mortgage Bankers Association Servicing Conference. Dombrowski said a majority of consumers are comfortable with email notifications, while few opted in for text messages, and most wanted to talk to a person to address complex questions.

For due-date reminders and payment confirmations, six in 10 borrowers opt for email. Only three in 10 borrowers have opted in for text notifications. Even when it comes to past-due notifications and notifications that a mortgage payment couldn’t be processed, only 22 percent opted to receive a text message.

Dombrowski reportedly said the report found no overriding consumer preference between electronic and paper copies of documents from lenders. However, borrowers preferred to speak to a live customer service representative for anything complex. The use of mobile apps was relegated to ordinary consumer maintenance of loans. "

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 No overwhelming demand by borrowers for all electronic - grapebed on 2/21/18 7:52pm
 I'm always shocked at how little concern there is for the -  MW/VA on 2/22/18 9:38am
 Re: I -  Claudine Osborne on 2/22/18 9:52pm
 Texting is very routine for me and the borrowers I deal - ananotary on 2/23/18 12:55am
 Agree, especially for younger folks - but not always -  JanetK_CA on 2/24/18 3:59pm
 I sometimes resort to texting when I've left v/m's & don't -  MW/VA on 2/23/18 7:52am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.