Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Happy ending for Santa Rosa fire survivors ...
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 2/23/18 11:03am Msg #590218
This is a wonderful resolution for this couple. We have a notary pal in Santa Rosa, CA who also has made significant progress after losing her home. When last we spoke, the county came in and cleaned off their property (home burned to the ground), and they bought a condo, as they wanted to downsize any way. They ran from their home too, she in a tank top and shorts, their dog, daughter, laptop and cell phones. Lucky to have escaped with their lives.

My own home of 30 years, leveled, the Wedgewood white porcelain stove my mother gave me still stood among the rubble. County hazmat is going up with a couple of bulldozers and cleaning off the 20-acres of collection that is seared beyond recognition. Fires traveled 30MPH, over 3000 degrees Fahrenheit. The flames roared through the unique little cabin and out buildings. My 1995 280Z will be hauled off to the landfill.

Life is good, we're still above ground zero. We have our memories. The property had no mortgage. Free and clear. Older home. We will rebuild a fire resistant structure. Feeling blessed that so many people are helping us through this. Our Montecito community is still struggling. It will be years before we'll see houses being rebuilt in some areas. All the monuments have washed out to sea.

I'm just happy the phone is ringing again, and that we all have our physical and mental health, as this past yearend and new year has been a high pitch, challenging one for so many across the country.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Happy ending for Santa Rosa fire survivors ... - Yoli/CA on 2/23/18 9:07am
 Re: Happy ending for Santa Rosa fire survivors ... -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/23/18 11:03am
 Re: Happy ending for Santa Rosa fire survivors ...OMG Cheryl -  Pamela/CA on 2/23/18 12:13pm
 Notary Hallmark story. Thanks for sharing. n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 2/23/18 1:33pm
 Re: Happy ending for Santa Rosa fire survivors ... -  Bee_CA on 2/24/18 4:42pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.