Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Bank noataries cut back
Posted by CW2Ret/VA of VA on 2/27/18 7:02am Msg #590383
Do to liability issues, banks have cut back offering blanket notarizations. Doing GNW like everything there is a yes but. I have lost track the number of times I get asked to either prepare or review a document. After I explain why I can't, I recommend they see a lawyer. I carry cards for one who has done work for me before.

Common example is the a local nursing home. I get asked to prepare a document (say a POA). After I explain why I can't, I send them to the lawyer. He prepares the document and gives it to the requestor who takes it back to the nursing home so the resident can sign and I notarize it. This works out great for the residents that are not able to go to the lawyers office.

I once got asked to travel 20 miles to notarize something for a Mother who needed a document for her dau and school. After I quoted my fee to do that she hit the roof. She had never paid for any notarization (she apparently had used a bank notary for free) and she did not she why she should. (Note we never got together) Another example was when I meet a dau at the nursing home who needed a PAO for Mom and she was shocked when I quoted my fee. She had been a notary for 20 years for her work and she did not know that notaries could charge a fee for services provided and that I would charge a fellow notary.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Recent uptick in new business trend...a least new for me. It - grapebed on 2/26/18 8:15pm
 Bank noataries cut back - CW2Ret/VA on 2/27/18 7:02am
 Re: Recent uptick in new business trend...a least new for me. It - Lee/AR on 2/27/18 7:31am
 Why nursing homes no longer have nortaries - CW2Ret/VA on 2/27/18 7:39am
 When it's an urgent need, I get a lot of Sunday calls -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/27/18 7:49am
 Re: When it -  Claudine Osborne on 2/27/18 8:58pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.