Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Question regarding CA quitclaim deed
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 3/3/18 11:10am Msg #590645
Neither one of your situations make any sense to me, so if I were in your shoes, I'd do what Cheryl said re the grantor and what you said re the grantee. I've seen similar QC-related docs that have places for 2 signatures from seemingly the same person and had the person sign twice just cos there seemed to be no other option that made any sense either ... and never heard back otherwise.

In your doc, if the grantor is signing, then who else would be executing? I can't imagine any other scenario ..... ?

Your second case is even more befuddling. Why have someone sign their name on one line and then sign it again as "grantee"? Since the reason they're signing it in the first place is cos he/she is the grantee.

As you say there's a lot of knowledge here on NR but, sorry, not from me today on this issue. Hopefully, more experienced NSAs, especially those with a legal background, will help explain why the doc was set up that way. So at this point with no further instructions from hiring party, again, I'd do what you & Cheryl decided: Have everybody since twice.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Question regarding CA quitclaim deed - seddy on 3/2/18 8:42pm
 Re: Question regarding CA quitclaim deed -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/2/18 11:21pm
 Re: Question regarding CA quitclaim deed - seddy on 3/3/18 6:13am
 Re: Question regarding CA quitclaim deed -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/3/18 8:48am
 :) n/m - seddy on 3/3/18 10:07am
 Re: Question regarding CA quitclaim deed - BearPaw/CO on 3/3/18 11:10am
 Re: Question regarding CA quitclaim deed - seddy on 3/3/18 4:17pm
 Re: Question regarding CA quitclaim deed -  JanetK_CA on 3/3/18 11:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.