Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Question regarding CA quitclaim deed
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 3/3/18 11:30pm Msg #590672
You didn't say, but I assumed that the Grantor and Grantee are two different people, no? The GDs I've seen with two signatures on them aren't usually side by side. (One is toward the top of the document.)

Since you described the 2nd signature line as "to the right", another possibility could be that there are two lines on the template for the form, assuming the likelihood of a husband and wife signing. The template might had had the words "Party Executing Document" as default verbiage, which was replaced on the left side with the person's name typed in. If he was the only Grantor, they may have left the default verbiage alone on the right side. Hard to say without actually seeing it. (And I'm not familiar with a form called "Instructions for Deposit of Deed", so maybe it's something specific to that title co?)

I see stuff like that all the time with single borrowers/sellers, even when there's nothing typed under the line. I also see similar stuff in our notary certs, where the template says "(here insert name and title of the officer)". Instead of taking that as an instruction and just leaving a space or typing in "Jane P Doe, Notary Public", they unnecessarily (IMO) leave that verbiage in there. Again, just a guess...
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Question regarding CA quitclaim deed - seddy on 3/2/18 8:42pm
 Re: Question regarding CA quitclaim deed -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/2/18 11:21pm
 Re: Question regarding CA quitclaim deed - seddy on 3/3/18 6:13am
 Re: Question regarding CA quitclaim deed -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/3/18 8:48am
 :) n/m - seddy on 3/3/18 10:07am
 Re: Question regarding CA quitclaim deed - BearPaw/CO on 3/3/18 11:10am
 Re: Question regarding CA quitclaim deed - seddy on 3/3/18 4:17pm
 Re: Question regarding CA quitclaim deed -  JanetK_CA on 3/3/18 11:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.