Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Jail signing
Posted by Expeditor of CA on 3/20/18 9:59pm Msg #591397
I had an interesting sellers side signing in County Jail about 12 years ago. The seller was arrested on a weapons charge along with possession and he was desperate to sell his property. The buyers were getting it for a song and they knew it. I had been there dozens of times so I knew the ropes. The buyers met me at the jail and handed me the documents and the deputies took me all the way down to the common area. Two deputies stood guard while the seller signed all the documents. Curious, I asked the deputies why the inmates were segregated by race and they told me the criminals self-segregate as soon as they get there. The signers asked if he could read the documents about halfway through the signing and one guard shot back,"shut up and sign old man"! When I exited the jail with the signed papers the buyers popped a bottle of champagne and paid me $300 cash.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Jail signing - Dawn Smith on 3/19/18 4:54pm
 Re: Jail signing - Yoli/CA on 3/19/18 5:49pm
 Re: Jail signing - BearPaw/CO on 3/19/18 7:33pm
 I have had two jail signings. Both times I was accompanied - grapebed on 3/19/18 7:44pm
 Re: Jail signing -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/20/18 7:53am
 Re: Jail signing - Expeditor on 3/20/18 9:59pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.