Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I Agree With Linda
Posted by PegiT_MN of MN on 4/24/18 5:24pm Msg #592608
Whenever you are in doubt about something such as this, consult your SOS, as well as an attorney. My personal/business attorney is always available to answer any of the tough notarial procedural legal type questions I might have regarding this industry. The SOS can only read the statutes to you, they cannot interpret them. The SOS follows the same UPL rules we do. They are the first to tell you to consult an attorney.

This site is great for healthy dialogue on topics regarding our industry, but it should never be used to ask notaries on what you should legally do. You could potentially get 20 different answers from 40 different people throughout the entire United States who have no idea what the requirements of your state are.

Linda is correct in telling you to consult your SOS . . . and maybe an attorney as well.

It's one thing to ask a notary where the paper sales are or if ABC Signing Service is a good company to work with or where to order a background check from. When it comes to questions such as yours . . . Linda had the answers that best suit your situation.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 can I notarize a deed for parents? - Maria Garcia on 4/24/18 3:36pm
 Re: can I notarize a deed for parents? - Luckydog on 4/24/18 3:50pm
 Re: can I notarize a deed for parents? - Maria Garcia on 4/24/18 3:57pm
 Actually from the CA Handbook - CH2inCA on 4/24/18 4:17pm
 Re: Actually from the CA Handbook -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/25/18 7:03am
 I'd say consult your SOS...and maybe the attorney for the - Linda_H/FL on 4/24/18 4:39pm
 I Agree With Linda - PegiT_MN on 4/24/18 5:24pm
 I would also agree with Linda - MikeC/TX on 4/24/18 6:12pm
 This is correct! although she is notarizing their -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/25/18 7:06am
 I'm a CA notary and would not do this. n/m - ananotary on 4/24/18 5:26pm
 Re: can I notarize a deed for parents? -  VT_Syrup on 4/24/18 5:59pm
 Re: can I notarize a deed for parents? -  JanetK_CA on 4/24/18 6:21pm
 Re: can I notarize a deed for parents? -  VT_Syrup on 4/24/18 6:40pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.