Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: something similar......
Posted by  janCA of CA on 4/25/18 9:07am Msg #592638
I do many hospital signings for POA's and Health Care Directives. It's unfortunate that so many people wait until "something happens" to open their eyes about end of life paperwork and being responsible enough to get it done.

The one that I will always remember, and I'm sure I've posted about this before, is the woman that was absolutely on death's door but signed her whole trust while being on a respirator. Her husband met me outside her hospital room and informed me of the situation and let me know there was not much time.

I entered the room, where her college age children were and introduced myself and she shook my hand. I asked her if she knew what she was signing and if she wanted to proceed and she said yes. We got through it. Luckily, when it comes to trusts, certificates are complete and all there is to do is sign your name and stamp.

What a brave family this was and they were all ever so grateful when the signing was complete.

I read in the paper the next week where she had passed away later that day.

My parents also had taken care of everything when they were in their 50's, down to having purchased their grave sites, their caskets, who their pallbearers would be, their obits, and of course, their trust.

All the kids had copies of their wills. The attorney had the trust.

Being prepared sure does take the burden off the loved ones in such a sorrowful and painful time.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Unexpected Outcome to End Of Life Notarization - PegiT_MN on 4/24/18 1:21pm
 Re: Unexpected Outcome to End Of Life Notarization - canotaryhere on 4/24/18 4:52pm
 something similar...... - notarydi/CA on 4/25/18 1:31am
 Re: something similar...... -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/25/18 7:13am
 Re: something similar...... -  janCA on 4/25/18 9:07am
 Re: something similar...... - jnew on 4/25/18 8:42pm
 Re: something similar...... -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/26/18 7:40am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.