Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Huh?
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 6/23/18 7:32pm Msg #595068
We aren't under oath here. Plenty of "opinion, speculation and observances" (as you put it) are posted here every day, fact or not. And all of a sudden that's "unethical"? I'm not here to defend Cheryl. I've posted plenty that her posts can drive me nuts; but in your transparent quest to hammer her, you completely missed the mark by making a huge assumption. Give it some time. You'll inevitably have a better opportunity later to pounce on her while managing to maintain some credibility, all at the same time. Think this through.

Even if the Harrows have monstrous medical bills or are paying for 6 kids' college or their parents' rest home bills or have other financial hardships and live in a cave, that's still their "lifestyle," and if they're paying for all this off the backs of their NSAs, this "lifestyle" pretty much screams unethical. So, Cheryl's remark: "The Harrow's have a lifestyle that prevents them from being ethical and paying in a timely manner" is likely quite true. Whatever their "lifestyle" (to my knowledge, Cheryl didn't provide any details; there was no mention of vacations, spas or artichoke dip or bankruptcy and eating beans out of a can every night), it's obvious that this lifestyle defines their business model. She did say LH was a Realtor, and for sure we really can't make any assumptions one way or the other about her income from that these days. Rich or poor, if you don't pay your notaries, you're a scumbug. You can attribute it to whatever else you want, but "lifestyle" whether lavish or sparse, is a good enough explanation for me.

Again, ASAP Pro has 17 ratings so far this year: 14 one star and a couple of 5 stars. Both of the 5 stars are from Texas, meaning those are self-ratings.

Obviously, I agree with your observation (even if it isn't fact) that "what people have or don't have has nothing to do with their ethics." I believe bad SSs owners are born that way …. just as honest owners of reputable SSs are born the way they are. That's how they (both) roll. Can't change them … no matter what they have or don't have.

And your final degrading post about NSAs being "a bunch of envious, jealous, unsophisticated, whining have-nots rather than business people who simply want an SS to pay their bills" is positively cruel. Many NSAs are struggling to make a living and do a professional job for their hiring parties and for their signers yet are often abused and cheated by the callous people who hire them. And then you write those ugly words about them. Maybe the life of a signing agent doesn't apply to you anymore. But for the world of NSAs out there, a little compassion and kindness might be more appropriate.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 ASAP PRO NOTARY BEWARE - Brandi Solano on 6/22/18 11:45am
 You shouldn't be working for them in the first place - BearPaw/CO on 6/22/18 12:46pm
 I should probably apologize ... - BearPaw/CO on 6/22/18 5:33pm
 Re: I should probably apologize ... - Luckydog on 6/22/18 6:09pm
 Re: ASAP PRO NOTARY BEWARE -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/23/18 7:34am
 Re: ASAP PRO NOTARY BEWARE -  BrendaTx on 6/23/18 11:18am
 agree - Luckydog on 6/23/18 12:20pm
 Re: agree -  BrendaTx on 6/23/18 1:42pm
 Re: it’s relavant - NotaryOH on 6/23/18 7:06pm
 Huh? - BearPaw/CO on 6/23/18 7:32pm
 Re: Huh? -  BrendaTx on 6/24/18 2:36pm
 Re: Huh? Correction! -  BrendaTx on 6/24/18 2:39pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.