Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Please! I need help/advice w/ VitalRecords notarization (CA)
Posted by Bryan Keleman of WA on 9/21/18 1:57am Msg #598727
Hello!

I've been scouring the internet for answers and have just about lost my mind. I'm sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place but I'm so terrified and I don't know where else to reach out to. I've contacted so many government agencies and noone seems to have an answer for me...

The long and short of my story is that I recently moved from California to Seattle. During the move and my time here I lost my wallet and ID along with my social security card and my original birth certificate. Basically I have no identity anymore. The first step to getting my life back is a birth certificate from my hospital in California. I've been using Vitalchek to attempt to acquire it but California law states that I require a notary to notarize my request and confirm my identity.

I feel like I'm slipping through the cracks in the legal system; because for a notary to notarize my request they have to confirm my identification by seeing a legal ID. But I don't have a legal ID because I can't acquire my birth certificate. And I can't acquire my birth certificate because a notary needs to confirm my ID. It feels like I'm caught in a hopeless circle and I've never been so scared.

My parents unfortunately passed away so they can't request a new copy on my behalf. I can provide scanned copies of my California ID and Social Security card along with tax documents, a w-2 from my employer and potentially an old college ID. But I have no other proof that claims who I am. Reading about notary laws I understand that witnesses are a thing and I have many friends and co-workers that can confirm my identity but again, I'm just a layman and don't know if any of this "evidence" is enough for a notary to confirm my identification.

I'm hoping there's a superhero in these forums that can help me navigate this. I'm so confused and completely out of answers. Can somebody help me? I'd be so so so thankful for any information that you could provide.

Thank you!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion

Messages in this Thread
 Please! I need help/advice w/ VitalRecords notarization (CA) - Bryan Keleman on 9/21/18 1:57am
 Re: Please! I need help/advice w/ VitalRecords notarization (CA) -  JanetK_CA on 9/21/18 2:51am
 Re: Please! I need help/advice w/ VitalRecords notarization (CA) - Yoli/CA on 9/21/18 1:56pm
 Re: Please! I need help/advice w/ VitalRecords notarization (CA) -  VT_Syrup on 9/21/18 7:00am
 VitalRecords notarization? (hmmm...) - NVLSlady/VA on 9/21/18 11:02am
 You will need to check with a WA notary, but in the -  MW/VA on 9/21/18 11:17am
 Re: Please! I need help/advice w/ VitalRecords notarization (CA) -  Doris_CO on 9/21/18 1:53pm
 Re: Please! I need help/advice w/ VitalRecords notarization (CA) - Yoli/CA on 9/21/18 3:11pm
 Re: Please! I need help/advice w/ VitalRecords notarization (CA) -  JanetK_CA on 9/21/18 5:51pm
 I agree that it would be odd to lose everything. This -  MW/VA on 9/21/18 9:08pm
 Or a lead-in to advertise for the next poster. - Linda_H/FL on 9/22/18 7:20am
 Re: Or a lead-in to advertise for the next poster. Right! -  JanetK_CA on 9/22/18 4:55pm
 Re: Please! I need help/advice w/ VitalRecords notarization (CA) - CyberNotary1 on 9/21/18 10:19pm
 Re: Please! I need help/advice w/ VitalRecords notarization (CA) -  janCA on 9/22/18 8:16am
 Yep..especially since she's President of the company n/m - Linda_H/FL on 9/22/18 8:33am
 I reported it, too. If enough do, it will be removed. n/m -  JanetK_CA on 9/22/18 4:52pm
 Re: Please! I need help/advice w/ VitalRecords notarization (CA) -  VT_Syrup on 9/22/18 5:23pm
 Not really illegal - poster is, supposedly, in VA - Linda_H/FL on 9/23/18 9:52am
 Not really illegal - poster is, supposedly, in VA - Really? -  JanetK_CA on 9/23/18 8:04pm
 Re: Not really illegal - poster is, supposedly, in VA - Really? - Linda_H/FL on 9/23/18 9:20pm
 VA webcam - Risk v. Great Reward - BobbiCT on 9/24/18 7:09am
 Reported as advertising -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/22/18 8:40am
 You can't use for the forum for Advertsing. It's pointless -  MW/VA on 9/23/18 10:55am
 Oh--lead in for advertising! ;-( Reported! n/m -  MW/VA on 9/23/18 10:53am
 Sadly, reporting isn't going to do any good - Linda_H/FL on 9/23/18 1:37pm
 Re: Sadly, reporting isn -  JanetK_CA on 9/23/18 8:29pm
 What a scam! ;-( n/m -  MW/VA on 9/23/18 10:58am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.