Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Scam artists abounding...let's FIGHT BACK!
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 9/22/18 8:02am Msg #598767
This training scam operation out of St. Petersburg, FL took advantage of a new notary charging between $500 and $600 for certification and training that would get her six figures in no time at all. This individual is a loan officer, whose pipeline is completely dry of new loans and figured it would be a good idea to become a notary to earn some good money she gets some new business in the fourth quarter before interest rates start climbing.

I explained that this training and certification means diddly squat in the real world and where to get certification that is recognized by major lenders and title companies. She is working with her bank to get her money back, but since she used her debit card, well, it may not be possible.

How do we get the word out about these scam artists? I get a couple calls/emails a month about these people, so they are making a decent living scamming unsuspecting people.
Clearly, many people are susceptible to liars, cheats and crooksters. There is no stopping these companies from scamming newbies.

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS. We need to stay on our toes...lots of scams out there these days. I'm getting so many "opportunities" via mail, email and texts to separate me from the money in my wallet, it's ridiculous...Remember the series by David Horowitz, "FIGHT BACK", well I wish we could call David out of retirement and go after these deadbeats, opportunistic signing services and training systems.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Scam artists abounding...let's FIGHT BACK! -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/22/18 8:02am
 To Be Honest, I Believe A Lot Of Us Are Tired Of Telling n/m -  Scriba/NM on 9/24/18 2:04am
 Re: To Be Honest, I Believe A Lot Of Us Are Tired Of Telling -  Scriba/NM on 9/24/18 2:17am
 Okay, I'll put a muzzle on it. Makes me sick that -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/24/18 7:51am
 Haven't we heard this before ... -  John/CT on 9/24/18 7:00pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.