Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers
Posted by Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing of OH on 9/25/18 8:22am Msg #598847
Hi everyone,

I see we had a recent 1 star review in CA about "holding docs" and I can only assume it's the same conversation that's developed in this forum. I'd like to respectfully disagree with the last 3 posts about "holding docs" and our process. But as usual, I want to be transparent as to why. Hopefully this helps.

1. I'm not sure who gave anyone an indication we'd "hold" documents, but I can confirm that we IMMEDIATELY send documents once received from our clients whether through integration and/or being uploaded securely to our site. Our system automatically does this so it's not even a setting we have to "hold" docs.

I am not sure what benefit it would serve us and particularly our signing agents to "hold" documents until 2 hours prior to the signing? I'd like to dispel this as 100% myth.

2. We DO tell our clients that AT MINIMUM we must have documents at least 2 hours prior to the signing time to guarantee a timely closing. If a signing agent is unable to manage this (and we get it; 2 hours is tight esp at month-end) we only ask our signing agents to let us know so we can make our client aware- i.e. "Hey ABC Title. Signing Agent needs docs on this one at least 4 hours prior to the signing. Please let us know if this will be an issue".

In the above example it is entirely possible that we may be asked to find a more flexible signing agent in this scenario because the lender doesn't have documents and it's outside of our control. We do have clients with late documents and unfortunately it's the nature of the business when this occurs and outside of our control.

3. Regarding our incoming calls from signing agents- admittedly this is not an area of strength for us. We're low margin and lean staff. When we have almost 500 signings in a day a times it's very difficult to answer all or even many of the calls so we triage the incoming calls to VM and call back ASAP based on the urgency of the situation. Unfortunately when you manage the large volume of signings and signing agents that we do, you get non-urgent calls on the last day to close that are disruptive and waste valuable time so we've found forcing calls to VM's and having a team assigned to respond is the best usage of our time and allows us to best serve you. We are more responsive via email and you can always ask for a call via email. We hope to eventually evolve as more of our process becomes automated to free up more time to accept incoming calls. Thanks for your patience in this process and for using the resources we do provide to help you.

Claudine, see below. This is our (SC) internal email exchange with our client on the file to which we had to re-assign to someone new when you were assigned. I know it's easy to assume the worst, but you can see we didn't find someone cheaper. To the contrary, we want someone experienced like yourself alwayss. Re-assigning or unassigning creates more work at usually less money for us. It's not a positive for us either. I redacted client info for obvious reasons but hopefully this makes sense as to why we had to re-assign based on your email to us that we shared with the client.

All feel free to send questions to us and we'll gladly address. Thank you for your work particularly at month-end. I've been in your shoes as a road warrior and I know it's not easy and often thankless but thank you.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 2:55 PM, > wrote:
Please find another notary. I have not received anything from the lender and I do not know if there will be documents in its package for the seller to sign. I am not confident that I can get the docs to this notary in a time that works for their schedule.

Thank you.

Escrow Officer and Ohio Title Insurance Agent

Please send ALL Title Orders and Closing Docs to:

Please include our File Number on all Emails.

WARNING- FRAUDULENT FUNDING INSTRUCTIONS

Email Hacking and fraud are on the rise to fraudulently misdirect funds. Please call your escrow officer immediately using contact information found from an independent source, such as the sales contract or internet, to verify any funding instructions received. We are not responsible for any wires sent by you to an incorrect bank account.

From: Signature Closers Scheduling [mailto:scheduling@signatureclosers.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:53 PM
To:
Subject: Re: 18-08187OH / [9/21/2018 12:00 PM] New Closing Confirmation

Please see below from our notary as an FYI:

FYI, I will need these documents ASAP as I have other closings tomorrow and must have these to get on the road by 9:45. Thank You

Your Signature Closers Team

Signature Closers, LLC

Phone: (888) 677-7462

Fax: (888) 677-6866

scheduling@signatureclosers.com

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Just a heads-up - Signature Closers - Linda_H/FL on 9/19/18 10:08am
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers - Marilyn June Wilson on 9/19/18 10:47am
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers - Yoli/CA on 9/19/18 12:32pm
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers - Linda_H/FL on 9/19/18 12:47pm
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/19/18 1:45pm
 These unofficial tests are getting out of hand & annoying - Lee/AR on 9/19/18 11:27am
 Re: These unofficial tests are getting out of hand & annoying -  FNP on 9/19/18 11:51am
 Re: These unofficial tests are getting out of hand & annoying - Sue on 9/19/18 1:13pm
 Re: These unofficial tests are getting out of hand & annoying - pan/nd on 9/19/18 3:40pm
 Very well said - especially the last line! ;>) n/m -  JanetK_CA on 9/20/18 2:00am
 I did the test and found that many of the questions - Linda_H/FL on 9/19/18 11:55am
 Re: I did the test and found that many of the questions - pdl/cali on 9/19/18 12:54pm
 Re: I did the test - me too, - Sue on 9/19/18 1:09pm
 Same here. I failed at 82%. I know it was the questions -  MW/VA on 9/19/18 3:10pm
 was it multiple choice, Linda? -  sigtogo/OR on 9/19/18 7:18pm
 Yes, multiple choice...and yes..asking more than - Linda_H/FL on 9/20/18 8:03am
 Re: These unofficial tests are getting out of hand & annoying - SteveS/CA on 9/20/18 3:34pm
 Re: 6 figures...right! - Sue on 9/19/18 1:08pm
 Re: 6 figures...right! -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/19/18 1:44pm
 I've always enjoyed working with them & they always -  MW/VA on 9/19/18 2:24pm
 there's no cost to take the exam the first time - Linda_H/FL on 9/19/18 2:44pm
 I did take it for fun but didn't pass (82%). I'm not going -  MW/VA on 9/19/18 4:48pm
 I also haven't had any work from them in quite a while. -  MW/VA on 9/19/18 4:50pm
 hummm, the cynic in me wonders if first one is rigged!! -  sigtogo/OR on 9/19/18 8:34pm
 Re: hummm, the cynic in me wonders if first one is rigged!! -  Claudine Osborne on 9/19/18 10:09pm
 in life. there is no such thing as free. n/m - grapebed on 9/20/18 12:17am
 Re: in life. there is no such thing as free. - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 9/20/18 9:38am
 Thanks for the feedback. I was going to email you about -  MW/VA on 9/20/18 11:25am
 Bet Mark is scratching his head wondering why his - Linda_H/FL on 9/20/18 12:40pm
 Re: in life. there is no such thing as free. - SteveS/CA on 9/20/18 6:25pm
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers - Rick Smith on 9/20/18 9:41am
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers - Rick Smith on 9/20/18 9:46am
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 9/20/18 9:48am
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 9/20/18 9:47am
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers -  FNP on 9/20/18 2:19pm
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 9/20/18 5:08pm
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers -  VT_Syrup on 9/20/18 5:15pm
 With regard to "certifications" I think that if I can live -  MW/VA on 9/20/18 6:23pm
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers - Rebecca Vadas on 9/20/18 10:32pm
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 9/21/18 7:37am
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers - pdl/cali on 9/21/18 11:01pm
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers -  janCA on 9/23/18 5:14pm
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers -  Claudine Osborne on 9/24/18 10:32am
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 9/25/18 8:22am
 Signature Closers -  Roger_OH on 10/23/18 9:03am
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers -  sparky/NM on 10/31/18 2:47pm
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers -  sparky/NM on 10/31/18 2:41pm
 Re: Just a heads-up - Signature Closers - Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 11/7/18 6:34pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.