Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

US Patriot Act Form and POA situation
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 9/29/18 1:31am Msg #598974
Situation: Loan docs closing at title, 2 signer's- one signer is signing POA for missing person, and signing for herself. 2 Patriot Act forms, only 1 form of ID required for each individual. I fill in for her, but do not fill in for missing person, return it blank. In the package was presented a photocopy of missing person's DL, very light and barley legible.

Do you accept a photo copy of the missing borrower's ID and fill out a Patriot Act form on that person from that photocopied DL and sign it?...Or do you leave it blank, return it, and let the Settlement agent fill it in since you personally have NOT viewed an original DL?

The Patriot Act clearly states "I certify that I have personally viewed and accurately recorded the information from the documents identified above, and have reasonably confirmed the identity of the Borrower."

Just curious as what you do? I did not sign this as I did not see the DL in person. Other notary's same office all sign this, and I was the first one to contest this.

What would you do?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 US Patriot Act Form and POA situation - Luckydog on 9/29/18 1:31am
 Re: US Patriot Act Form and POA situation - Yoli/CA on 9/29/18 1:48am
 Re: US Patriot Act Form and POA situation -  JanetK_CA on 9/29/18 1:48am
 Re: US Patriot Act Form and POA situation - PegiT_MN on 9/29/18 6:59am
 Same here. I can't complete it for an absent person. n/m -  MW/VA on 9/30/18 8:37am
 Re: US Patriot Act Form and POA situation - Luckydog on 9/29/18 8:45am
 I'm guessing you still keep a journal - - Linda_H/FL on 9/29/18 8:52am
 Re: US Patriot Act Form and POA situation - Signerbill on 9/29/18 12:34pm
 other in-office notaries do it---there ya' go... - Lee/AR on 9/29/18 7:12pm
 !! in-office notaries do it - Signerbill on 9/30/18 12:45pm
 Re: other in-office notaries do it---there ya -  JanetK_CA on 9/30/18 3:10pm
 I fill it in with the ID info for the AIF -  Teresa/FL on 10/2/18 10:36am
 I do exactly the same thing, Teresa..... - notarydi/CA on 10/2/18 5:11pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.