Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: At the dermotologist office last week, I had to show my
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 10/15/18 7:12am Msg #599415
Yes, everyone in CA who applies for a job where they are up close and personal to patients and patients' possessions (purse, handbag, car keys, cell phone, etc.) are required to be background checked. In my dental office for example, everyone must have a live scan fingerprint and credit check, driving record check, etc. performed as a prerequisite to hiring. Nurses, medical assistants, physicians, office clerks, all must be background checked, and in hospitals all employees have background checks, nurses every year plus random drug testing is performed. Our medical profession is definitely held to a higher standard.

Four years ago, I abandoned my live scan business when my mother came to live with me. Just about everyone who worked with children and in the medical, legal, financial field applying for a professional license was required to be live scanned. It has probably expanded these days with the rampant increase in fraud. Real estate licensees, caregivers, companions, folks applying for liquor licenses including winery owners, are all held to the highest standards for licensing via live scan.

I've always wondered why tow truck drivers are not live scanned, but perhaps they are these days.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 National Cyber Security Month -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/13/18 9:27am
 Yes, I did not do an extension this year so filed 4/15. - ananotary on 10/13/18 11:27am
 We should be glad if they ask for it. Tax fraud is a -  MW/VA on 10/13/18 12:38pm
 Had to show my ID yesterday @ bank to deposit cash! -  JanetK_CA on 10/13/18 8:17pm
 Re: Had to show my ID yesterday @ bank to deposit cash! -  Amigoaz on 10/14/18 8:23am
 At the dermotologist office last week, I had to show my -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/14/18 8:55am
 Re: At the dermotologist office last week, I had to show my -  JanetK_CA on 10/15/18 2:39am
 Re: At the dermotologist office last week, I had to show my -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/15/18 7:12am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.