Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Post-Dating for Notice of Non-Cancellation
Posted by VonMots of CA on 10/16/18 9:28pm Msg #599493
To start with, I did do a search for this topic and found some talk of this from 2007; just wondering if there is any current thought on this subject.

I have a HELOC loan package with a 3-Day Right-To-Cancel, but included with the docs is a "Notice of Non-Cancellation" that the lender is asking the borrower to sign and post-date for AFTER the 3-day rescission period, stating the rescission period has expired and they have not cancelled the loan. Instructions provided to me by the signing service state that if the borrower refuses to sign this document, funding could be delayed.

A review of California Code of Regulations, Title 10, Chapter 3, Sub-Chapter 6, Article 4, Section 1450, states in part, "No finance company shall predate or postdate any documents in connection with making or renewing any loan."

I don't plan on giving any legal advice to the borrower, but it is just seems to place the Signing Agent in a legal pickle if the borrower does sign and post-date this document, then decides to cancel within the 3-Day rescission period. The lender will have conflicting documentation holding the buyer accountable for a loan that he does not want. If this were to go to court, the borrower can say that he just signed the documents that the Signing Agent presented to him...

Any thoughts...?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Post-Dating for Notice of Non-Cancellation - VonMots on 10/16/18 9:28pm
 Seen these many times... -  Roger_OH on 10/16/18 9:45pm
 Re: Post-Dating for Notice of Non-Cancellation -  JanetK_CA on 10/16/18 11:22pm
 Re: Post-Dating for Notice of Non-Cancellation - Signerbill on 10/17/18 12:19pm
 I've seen those a few times & had then sign with the -  MW/VA on 10/17/18 9:50am
 Re: Post-Dating for Notice of Non-Cancellation -  sparky/NM on 10/31/18 2:14pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.