Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Post-Dating for Notice of Non-Cancellation
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 10/16/18 11:22pmMsg #599500
I ran across one of these a couple of days ago, but thankfully, there were no instructions about it holding up funding if they didn't sign.

I leave it up to the borrowers, giving them a choice of signing it now or having to deal with it after their three days have passed. Most say that they have no intention of cancelling, so they don't mind signing it. I've never read the CA Code of Regulations, so I've always taken the position that if a document is not being notarized, it's not my concern what date they want to put on a particular document. Actually, even if it IS being notarized, I only concern myself with the date on my notary certificate. (However, that's primarily because CA notary law indicates that the contents of the document are not our concern.)

I've read somewhere (perhaps here - I couldn't tell you the source) that post-dating the acknowledgment section or page of a NRTC wouldn't be enough to nullify their federally mandated three-day rescission period. Of course, I couldn't advise that to any borrower, as I'm not an attorney and don't want to go there, but I would think that to be true.

I agree that it's not a fair box to put the notary (or the borrower(s) into).
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Post-Dating for Notice of Non-Cancellation - VonMots on 10/16/18 9:28pm
 Seen these many times... -  Roger_OH on 10/16/18 9:45pm
 Re: Post-Dating for Notice of Non-Cancellation -  JanetK_CA on 10/16/18 11:22pm
 Re: Post-Dating for Notice of Non-Cancellation - Signerbill on 10/17/18 12:19pm
 I've seen those a few times & had then sign with the -  MW/VA on 10/17/18 9:50am
 Re: Post-Dating for Notice of Non-Cancellation -  sparky/NM on 10/31/18 2:14pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.