Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Terrible Advice Luckydog!
Posted by  PegiT_MN of MN on 10/20/18 2:57pm Msg #599615
Not only is this terrible advice . . . a new notary may actually follow your terrible advice and it could cost them a client . . . or in your case . . . any future clients if any hiring parties are reading this right now.

It is not our job to start moving appointment times around and telling some notary to make the Saturday pickup for Monday delivery in lieu of sending the required scan backs just because you don't want to do them. You have no idea of the inner workings of how this loan is going to get funded and you are blindly giving out horrible advice.

As it turns out, this notary does not even have Saturday pickup in their area so making a non-existent Saturday drop was not even an option.

Just so everyone knows, some lenders fund from scan backs rather than the originals, Bank of America is a prime example. The shipping label just might be for where the docs are being sent to their final resting place, and not back to funding which is what we automatically assume, because the loan was supposed to be funded off the fax backs in which some random notary just told another notary not to do.

My experience has been that there are a lot of different people involved in just one transaction, and communication throughout the entire process is the key. The original poster was hired to do a closing for her normal fee. The scheduler sent it over. There was no way anyone knew how large that package was going to be at the time it was originally scheduled. So it turns out the package is large, and it needs scan backs.

Here is the proper procedure when handling a closing that has just incurred extra work or extra expenses not previously mentioned in the scheduling call or detailed on your written confirmation . . . this would include larger than normal packages, scan backs, being sent to the wrong location and you now have extra driving distance going to a different location, spouse not being at the signing appointment and you have to go back later or you have to go to a second location and collect signatures, package is not ready for you and you have to print on the road and incur extra costs, parking costs, etc. You complete the closing to the best of your ability. You then go back to your hiring party and let them know of the additional expenses, scope of work, etc., and you ask for a higher fee. I have found that 99% of the time, the hiring party is more than happy to give you an increase in pay based on the information you have given them. I have found that about 1% will refuse to give you an increase and those are the companies you probably don't want to do business with anyway. I have also been able to receive my full fee rather than just a print and trip when I explain to the hiring party how much time I spent with the borrowers going over everything and they still decided not to sign.

Like I said earlier . . . communication with all parties involved is the key. I have the utmost confidence that the original poster will receive her well-deserved increase in pay if she just reaches out to the hiring party and explains how she did the extra work that was added after her initial confirmation and now she needs to have her feed adjusted accordingly.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 ISGN - in a conundrum - Roadie_MD on 10/19/18 5:33pm
 Re: ISGN - in a conundrum -  JanetK_CA on 10/19/18 5:45pm
 Agree w/Janet... - Lee/AR on 10/19/18 6:26pm
 I'd change the time if possible - Luckydog on 10/19/18 6:31pm
 I'd do the same & ship the pkg. that it goes out tomorrow. -  MW/VA on 10/19/18 6:43pm
 Sent another email - Roadie_MD on 10/19/18 7:13pm
 Terrible Advice Luckydog! -  PegiT_MN on 10/20/18 2:57pm
 Re: ISGN - in a conundrum - Clem/CA on 10/20/18 10:22am
 Where is the like button 👍 n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 10/20/18 10:30am
 Especially if a purchase, investment, 2nd home -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/20/18 12:09pm
 In defense to Roadie - Luckydog on 10/20/18 1:50pm
 Re: In defense to Roadie - Clem/CA on 10/20/18 2:16pm
 Re: In defense to Roadie - Luckydog on 10/20/18 3:24pm
 Re: In defense to Roadie -  JanetK_CA on 10/20/18 4:02pm
 20 questions shouldn't be needed. They know, state stips. - Lee/AR on 10/21/18 10:17am
 Agree with Lee/AR. I call this situation "a Friday night - grapebed on 10/21/18 12:33pm
 I totally agree - should not have to play 20 questions - CopperheadVA on 10/24/18 2:21pm
 I agree with Janet - MikeC/TX on 10/20/18 7:07pm
 Re: I agree with Janet - SteveS/CA on 10/21/18 5:25pm
 Re: ISGN - in a conundrum - NVLSlady/VA on 10/21/18 6:11pm
 Re: ISGN - an update - Roadie_MD on 10/22/18 11:01am
 Re: ISGN - an update...that's what I used to do - Linda_H/FL on 10/22/18 12:05pm
 Like!! ^^^^^^^^^^ Simple and covers what needs covering. n/m -  JanetK_CA on 10/22/18 4:03pm
 Thanks for update. Let us know final outcome, please. n/m - Lee/AR on 10/22/18 12:42pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.