Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I Am Very Sorry To Hear This Grapebed.
Posted by  PegiT_MN of MN on 10/22/18 5:54pm Msg #599668
The hackers these days are relentless and the worst part is . . . they are never caught because no one in authority cares.

My Paypal account was hacked several years ago and $500.00 was taken out of my bank account. Fortunately I was able to catch it within hours of it happening and it was still in a pending status. I called my bank right away for them to put a stop on it and had to argue for 15 minutes with the telephone representative who kept questioning why he should believe me that it was fraud on my account as no police report was filed. I tried to explain that it was just happening right now and it was still in pending and could we please put a stop on the transaction before the money actually left my account. He refused. I asked to speak to his supervisor. She got on the telephone and stopped it immediately and said her employee handled the situation improperly and she was going to go speak to him. I then called Paypal and they were no help either and I actually closed my Paypal account down immediately.

Good luck Grapebed. I hope you get everything situated soon.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I have been the victim of hacking's "triple play". In the - grapebed on 10/22/18 2:53pm
 Wow! You must be a high-profile person who they think -  MW/VA on 10/22/18 3:19pm
 Grrrr. It is scary! n/m - grapebed on 10/22/18 3:32pm
 Re: I have been the victim of hacking - MikeC/TX on 10/22/18 5:39pm
 Re: I have been the victim of hacking - Luckydog on 10/22/18 5:41pm
 I Am Very Sorry To Hear This Grapebed. -  PegiT_MN on 10/22/18 5:54pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.