Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Buyer/Seller at same appointment. Does this happen?
Posted by  sigtogo/OR of OR on 12/11/18 1:26pm Msg #601087
I recently received a request from Amrock wanting to know my fees for 3 different types of purchase transactions.
1. buyer. Their suggested fee as most know is $65, plus $.. for printing. (I charge more.)
2. seller, suggested $65
3. buyer and seller, suggested $85! Seriously?

I like many think their fees are low and now I have the opportunity of having a buyer and seller at the "same closing" as they describe it, and receive a whopping additional $20?
Hello? that would be two signings, not one, and IMHO having buyers and sellers in the same room is not only no picnic, it can be chaotic.

How often do you have buyers and sellers at the same time?
I have done less than 5 in 30 plus years and all were less than desirable. Just like you can't be in two places at once, you can't really talk to two different parties about two separate transactions at the same time.
One party is going to have to sit and wait/observe while the other signs, reads, asks questions....

If the buyers of my recently sold home had been in the same room, I might have gone for his throat!! just saying...
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Buyer/Seller at same appointment. Does this happen? -  sigtogo/OR on 12/11/18 1:26pm
 Re: Buyer/Seller at same appointment. Does this happen? -  JanetK_CA on 12/11/18 2:44pm
 I've had one - at the title office` - Linda_H/FL on 12/11/18 2:54pm
 I've had a number of them in CA. - Alz on 12/11/18 3:19pm
 I did a three couple closing once - Colonel/IA on 12/11/18 2:57pm
 Those are the type of sign ups I like. n/m - Alz on 12/11/18 3:20pm
 Re: Buyer/Seller at same appointment. Does this happen? - Art_PA on 12/11/18 4:37pm
 Re: Buyer/Seller at same appointment. Does this happen? - Mobile1/PA on 12/11/18 6:16pm
 Re: Buyer/Seller at same appointment. Does this happen? - CopperheadVA on 12/11/18 4:52pm
 I agree that they're no fun, especially here in VA where the -  MW/VA on 12/11/18 5:29pm
 That fee is a joke and an insult... - FeliseSoCal on 12/11/18 6:11pm
 Do not fear putting 'your fee' on that fee inquiry. - Lee/AR on 12/11/18 6:27pm
 Appreciate the suggestion Lee. They would probably give me a -  sigtogo/OR on 12/11/18 8:19pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.