Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Looking For Info on American Consumer Rights Organization
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 12/12/18 6:54pm Msg #601137
You didn't say what kind of signing it was - or if there even was a signing. If all they needed was a copy of someone's credit card, they don't need one of us to do that. I wouldn't want any part of it, even if there WAS notary work involved. The signer can choose to handle it themselves - or not.

We can't be careful enough these days. I got another email this morning purporting to be about notary work that looked like a phishing attempt. What tipped me off was that the last name was spelled differently in the email address itself (another gmail acct) from how it was in the sender block. It was another teaser, addressed to "Hi", asking if I was interested in a "refi closing, and we pay around $155 per signing." There was no signature line.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Looking For Info on American Consumer Rights Organization - Nancy Simcox on 12/12/18 10:57am
 Well, they have a website that doesn't say much-Smells - Lee/AR on 12/12/18 3:06pm
 Re: Looking For Info on American Consumer Rights Organization -  JanetK_CA on 12/12/18 6:54pm
 Nancy, I agree with Lee: It "doesn't pass the smell test" :( n/m -  Christine/OK on 12/13/18 6:26am
 Re: Looking For Info on American Consumer Rights Organization - Dustin Caldwell on 1/29/19 4:57pm
 ACRO aka TriStar Consumer Law PC, Msg #603865 n/m -  sigtogo/OR on 2/26/19 7:25pm
 Re: Looking For Info on American Consumer Rights Organization - James Lukas on 7/8/19 4:07pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.