Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Thank You Everyone For Your Kind Words
Posted by  PegiT_MN of MN on 1/31/19 2:13pm Msg #602706
I woke up to negative 30 degrees with a negative 55 wind chill and schools are closed again today. Many people are still without power and are being sent to the area hotels and motels until their power lines can be repaired. They are asking us to keep our thermostats turned down a bit as to not overload the systems. Many water pipes are frozen and exploding and the local news showed water spraying from everywhere in someone's house. Facebook is full of people blowing bubbles in the cold and they are freezing, throwing water in the air and it evaporates, and seeing how long it takes for certain household items to freeze when placed outside. In case you are interested, it takes a damp towel only 3 minutes to completely freeze outside thank you to the scientific data reported by one of my second grade neighbors. Another fun fact . . . if you turn on your garden hose and shoot water in the air . . . it just evaporates. Scary thought in case there are any house fires. As of this afternoon it is now negative 10 degrees and I am not sure about the wind chill. It sounds as if the worst of it is over and it should be a little bit better tomorrow . . . still cold . . . but not deadly as it has been. It sounds like notaries in my are trying to get back out on the roads and get their signings done. Most of my signings over the past three days were able to get rescheduled for tomorrow through Monday. The problem is that I have been averaging five to six per day and it has become impossible to try to somehow reschedule 15 closings from Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, into my already upcoming full schedule. Lenders, title companies, signings companies, and borrowers are all working together and we are making it work for when it is safe for everyone to be out and about in this area. Some of my closings are in rural areas and it is not safe to be traveling in those areas as of now. I am going to venture out in a couple of hours to do a very quick signing about 3 miles from my house . . . and then right back in where it is warm. I have a full day tomorrow . . . weather permitting.

Please stay safe everyone. This is not just cold winter weather . . . it is deadly . . . frost bite in five minutes of skin being exposed, hypothermia, black ice on the roads, and dangerously low temperatures and wind chills. Minnesota is not the only state being affected by this Polar Vortex as they are calling it.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Surviving The Polar Vortex -  PegiT_MN on 1/30/19 6:18pm
 Re: Surviving The Polar Vortex -  Claudine Osborne on 1/30/19 8:26pm
 We currently are at a balmy 17 degs F. My Akita is LOVIN it! n/m -  Christine/OK on 1/31/19 6:58am
 If I lived in your sub zero weather, I'd be heading to -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/30/19 9:18pm
 Re: Surviving The Polar Vortex -  JanetK_CA on 1/30/19 9:20pm
 Re: Surviving The Polar Vortex - Luckydog on 1/31/19 9:59am
 Thanks for checking in Pegi. I've been thinking about all -  MW/VA on 1/31/19 10:45am
 Thank You Everyone For Your Kind Words -  PegiT_MN on 1/31/19 2:13pm
 10 fatalities due to polar vortex I heard early this morning -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/31/19 3:29pm
 I know this business can consume us. You might think about -  MW/VA on 1/31/19 3:39pm
 Re: I know this business can consume us. You might think about -  Claudine Osborne on 1/31/19 8:14pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.