Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Agree, & I'm not sure which is worse! It's all embarrassing!
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 2/10/19 5:46pm Msg #603059
But FWIW, here's my 2 cents (and my only response to all this).

There's plenty of noise on both sides of this issue. These types of exchanges reflect negatively on the entire membership here. I can see it now in title co and other offices around the country: "Have you seen the nonsense being spewed over on Notary Rotary? I think I'm going to start looking elsewhere when I need to find a remote notary!" Is that what you want?!

It's clear that for many, the focus has gone beyond the actual issues at hand to the personal, and regardless of who the target is, I believe that's highly unprofessional. I defend anyone's right to remain anonymous on this forum, but I also don't believe that status should be seen as a free pass to dish out attacks to other posters. (And it's not as anonymous as you might think...) Lashing out behind the cover of a pseudonym may allow you to dodge direct repercussions, but that doesn't mean it can't still hurt you, as it hurts us all.

Finally, folks, if you find yourself the subject of a verbal attack from various quarters, isn't it possible (if not likely) that they have a point, however poorly presented? None of us are perfect and we all have plenty to learn. Please try to see past the juvenile antics. Responding with more of the same is probably not the best approach...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has found some of the discussion of the past few days extremely off-putting. Sadly, we'll never know the cost of this lack of professionalism, whether it be key contributors who've had enough and move on, or clients who decide to take their business elsewhere. This kind of pettiness can even feed into the desire by some industry leaders to bypass local notaries altogether. IMO, the current business environment is not one where we can afford to further degrade our overall image. [I was going to say "professional image", but it may be too late for that, as a whole.]

And one more thing... Please don't misinterpret this post as me taking anyone's side. As I believe I've said many times here (unless that was always in messages that I deleted before posting... Wink), I always try to keep my focus on the issue, not the person... I strongly recommend that others do the same!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I love cat fights - Clem/CA on 2/10/19 10:28am
 Re: I love cat fights - Luckydog on 2/10/19 10:32am
 Re: And ignore responding to or acknowledging posts n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 2/10/19 10:48am
 Agree, & I'm not sure which is worse! It's all embarrassing! -  JanetK_CA on 2/10/19 5:46pm
 Some people never learn. She's had issues with this forum -  MW/VA on 2/10/19 11:33am
 Re: I love cat fights - LisaKT/CA on 2/10/19 12:44pm
 Got hot tamales candy too - Clem/CA on 2/10/19 12:59pm
 Add Redvines and you're set! n/m - LisaKT/CA on 2/10/19 1:05pm
 Correction: Msg #72338 on Just Politics forum n/m - LisaKT/CA on 2/10/19 1:07pm
 Just a thought .... -  Eve/VA on 2/12/19 1:14pm
 Re: Just a thought .... - Luckydog on 2/12/19 6:11pm
 So true! Thanks for clarification. : ) n/m -  Eve/VA on 2/12/19 6:44pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.