Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I love cat fights
Posted by LisaKT/CA of CA on 2/10/19 12:44pm Msg #603049
Clem, stock up on popcorn, beverages, and candy. I'm sure before this month is over, you'll see several more incendiary threads. Cat fights typically involve (and are most often started by) those with hidden profiles. Not always but usually.

From Msg #72338 <<<And my objection to ad hominem attacks is that they have no place against an opponent in a debate or discussion because they show a lack of an argument. It's the equivalent of schoolyard taunting - it means you have nothing of substance to argue, so you resort to insulting your opponent.>>>

Folks with hidden profiles want that choice to be respected, right? Understand that respect must go BOTH ways. A poster is under no obligation to respect a hidden profiler when said profiler resorts to ad hominem attacks. When debate turns personal, it's quite fair to level the playing field, therefore, a hidden poster should be brought out in the open and treated as they've treated others. Profiles aren't up for target practice.....unless someone want darts thrown at THEIRS as well. Only way to do that is expose them. This also goes for the hidden posters who enjoy fanning the flames and keeping the drama going. You want to coddle and high five the attacker openly? Fair is fair, you may get thrown into this open playing field. Keep in mind - freedom OF speech isn't freedom FROM consequences.

I can think of a handful of posters with hidden profiles that I enjoy reading their viewpoints and conversing with in threads and PMs.....just a handful because they have the character to "agree to disagree" over a subject matter without resorting to ad hominem attacks. The rest are of low character.....I don't wish to wallow in the gutter with them.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I love cat fights - Clem/CA on 2/10/19 10:28am
 Re: I love cat fights - Luckydog on 2/10/19 10:32am
 Re: And ignore responding to or acknowledging posts n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 2/10/19 10:48am
 Agree, & I'm not sure which is worse! It's all embarrassing! -  JanetK_CA on 2/10/19 5:46pm
 Some people never learn. She's had issues with this forum -  MW/VA on 2/10/19 11:33am
 Re: I love cat fights - LisaKT/CA on 2/10/19 12:44pm
 Got hot tamales candy too - Clem/CA on 2/10/19 12:59pm
 Add Redvines and you're set! n/m - LisaKT/CA on 2/10/19 1:05pm
 Correction: Msg #72338 on Just Politics forum n/m - LisaKT/CA on 2/10/19 1:07pm
 Just a thought .... -  Eve/VA on 2/12/19 1:14pm
 Re: Just a thought .... - Luckydog on 2/12/19 6:11pm
 So true! Thanks for clarification. : ) n/m -  Eve/VA on 2/12/19 6:44pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.