Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re MW/VA comments
Posted by  ikando of OK on 4/3/19 10:48am Msg #605036
The eNotary business is flourishing. Too bad the people who trust all things internet are going to be the ones who suffer when the systems they use are hacked.

Re the Virginia non-photo IDs for Amish/Mennonites, I have to ask what they've been doing up to now. Do people of those religions not vote? Or participate in anything where they need to present ID? I understand that those of complete conviction have a right to reject the intrusion of having a photo taken, but still, they're citizens who participate in their communities, right?

And to add more fuel to all the controversy over IDs, Oklahoma Governor Stitt wants to get a digital driver’s license program in the testing phase within a few months. Considering there have been posts here recently about the way IDs have been processed in various venues, one has to wonder where that will go.

How about the Federal H.R. 1 bill that allows: 16-year-olds to register to vote; registration to vote online; and a goal to have voting itself online? It's in the Senate right now.

In my opinion, all these things are not only potentially creating problems for notaries, but for the security of the people who want the "convenience" of all things internet. Does the word "Russia" create questions for anyone?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Re MW/VA comments -  ikando on 4/3/19 10:48am
 Re: Re MW/VA comments - Luckydog on 4/3/19 11:00am
 I'm originally from PA, so I'm very familiar with the -  MW/VA on 4/3/19 2:26pm
 Re: I - Luckydog on 4/3/19 4:29pm
 Let's remember that email had a major impact on the -  MW/VA on 4/3/19 8:09pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.