Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I think Luckydog and Lee/AR are right
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/14/19 5:43pm Msg #605402
Maverick deals with cars, so they may want to verify that the new vehicle owner has a valid D/L before they approve whatever it is that's being approved.

As far as I know, a foreign passport is valid as ID in most states for notarization, and as others have said you have to go by YOUR state's requirements. But you're not doing a plain vanilla notarization - Maverick is within their rights to demand a specific type of ID for their type of transactions. That doesn't invalidate your notarization, it just means they won't accept that type of ID to close their transaction.

Has your husband asked his contact at Maverick WHY the passport is not acceptable?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Use of foreign passport as ID -  LynnNC on 4/13/19 9:23am
 Re: Use of foreign passport as ID - Yoli/CA on 4/13/19 9:50am
 Re: Use of foreign passport as ID -  LynnNC on 4/13/19 10:08am
 Re: Use of foreign passport as ID - Luckydog on 4/13/19 10:39am
 Use of foreign passport as ID - CA law needs fixing on this -  JanetK_CA on 4/13/19 2:08pm
 Maybe just want to know car buyer has a DL? n/m - Lee/AR on 4/13/19 2:17pm
 Re: Use of foreign passport as ID - shooterclay on 4/13/19 6:02pm
 Maverick is a SIGNING SERVICE only - jojo_MN on 4/15/19 12:22pm
 Re: Maverick is a SIGNING SERVICE only -  JanetK_CA on 4/15/19 5:47pm
 I think Luckydog and Lee/AR are right - MikeC/TX on 4/14/19 5:43pm
 English Language on Foreign Passports - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 4/14/19 6:53pm
 Re: English Language on Foreign Passports - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 4/15/19 11:43am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.