Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Article: Notarize opens Title Network to title agents
Posted by Laureen/LA of LA on 6/8/19 9:58pm Msg #607278
This is getting out of hand IMHO. Today I searched on google the term 'notary near me' and this notarize dot com came up on the top search result. In this same week but in a different context regarding potential victims of fraud and identity theft, I heard a recorded radio interview where a man (the Producer of the radio show and his partner) traveled all the way to India to track down a particular call center operation that had contacted him via a pop-up alerting him that there was a virus on his computer and that his information was compromised. The alert gave a number to phone to contact Microsoft technicians to have it removed. He himself happened to have had a background in programming language. He phoned the number that he knew couldn't possibly be a number to Microsoft technicians just because he wanted to get the scoop. He learned, at the end of the investigation, that the people that are most vulnerable to these forms of identity theft are people from age 25 to 35. He said that the reason is because they tend to 'believe their phone' (I take that to mean, whatever form of technology is before their eyes, be it Android, iphone, tablet, or computer). Wow. Now the only role that a Notary Public role was ever created for is being filled by people in a call center in the Commonwealth of Virginia where, as I have read, there is no training and no exam requirement involved in becoming one. I can't help but think to myself that if it weren't for my complete confidence in the goodness of mankind, I would think that a huge hole has now been punched through a wall that the role of Notary Public has always been there to obstruct. Just a few more cents from a Newbie. FWIW, I hate to admit it, but I wasn't born anywhere near yesterday and I do have a professional career background along the lines of a Para-Legal. Just so you aren't tossing the baby out with the bathwater is all.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Article: Notarize opens Title Network to title agents - Linda_TN on 6/8/19 9:58am
 Re: Article: Notarize opens Title Network to title agents - Luckydog on 6/8/19 10:40am
 missed this part - Luckydog on 6/8/19 10:43am
 I think you're missing the point of this press release. -  MW/VA on 6/8/19 1:33pm
 Re: I think you -  JanetK_CA on 6/8/19 2:08pm
 I don't ever mention that co. name. I am simply making -  MW/VA on 6/8/19 4:10pm
 Re: Article: Notarize opens Title Network to title agents - Laureen/LA on 6/8/19 9:58pm
 Very insightful, Laureen & on point! ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 6/9/19 10:33am
 Re: Article: Notarize opens Title Network to title agents -  JanetK_CA on 6/9/19 1:59pm
 Re: Article: Notarize opens Title Network to title agents - Laureen Reeve on 6/9/19 8:43pm
 Re: Article: Notarize opens Title Network to title agents -  JanetK_CA on 6/10/19 6:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.