Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Article: Notarize opens Title Network to title agents
Posted by Laureen Reeve of LA on 6/9/19 8:43pm Msg #607298
I think that the thing to do is to put the word out to the public far and wide via social media to avoid online notarization at risk of identity theft. Think about it this way, we hear of security breaches at major retailers and even banks. We aren't supposed to blame the retailers or banks because we are told that there are very smart hackers around the globe and so now that we can't blame those we trusted we just deal. The Commonwealth of Virginia is blameless for anything at all since there are no standards for becoming a Notary there. This means that if anything goes wrong as goes identity theft we the public can't blame the Commonwealth of Virginia and would be told not to blame the call center that we blindly trusted. We can certainly not blame the Notary who was also blindly trusting the platform and lacked training. We the public would be stuck with the consequence of the very smart hackers and there would be nobody to blame but ourselves. I say put the word out far and wide that this is a dangerous proposition and there are some things left in our modern society that are better conducted face to face in a brick and mortar environment with people who are trained and where the public can know that they are safe because they know that the trained Notary takes full responsibility and they know exactly where to find them. There are far too many things being given over to technology today. This just takes the cake though. I am a Louisiana Notary and we are carved from a different mold by virtue of the fact that we can actually draft things like Mortgages, Wills and Trusts. These are documents that cannot be notarized online because they fall under a category that is referred to here as an Authentic Act. Yet, even here, this very year, online notarization for documents that are not Authentic Acts has passed the Legislature.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Article: Notarize opens Title Network to title agents - Linda_TN on 6/8/19 9:58am
 Re: Article: Notarize opens Title Network to title agents - Luckydog on 6/8/19 10:40am
 missed this part - Luckydog on 6/8/19 10:43am
 I think you're missing the point of this press release. -  MW/VA on 6/8/19 1:33pm
 Re: I think you -  JanetK_CA on 6/8/19 2:08pm
 I don't ever mention that co. name. I am simply making -  MW/VA on 6/8/19 4:10pm
 Re: Article: Notarize opens Title Network to title agents - Laureen/LA on 6/8/19 9:58pm
 Very insightful, Laureen & on point! ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 6/9/19 10:33am
 Re: Article: Notarize opens Title Network to title agents -  JanetK_CA on 6/9/19 1:59pm
 Re: Article: Notarize opens Title Network to title agents - Laureen Reeve on 6/9/19 8:43pm
 Re: Article: Notarize opens Title Network to title agents -  JanetK_CA on 6/10/19 6:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.