Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Seriously confused about laws in different states.
Posted by Laureen/LA of LA on 6/20/19 6:08pm Msg #607739
I completely agree about different state laws and the resulting confusion. I have learned a LOT from being on this board. I got a call from Sunshine Signings today for a Debt Consolidation and I told him to please make a note in my file that I don't accept those. That is all thanks to the experiences shared by seasoned NSAs at this forum. I'm really glad that I follow these posts as I am still in the learning curve. I know the documents but the real world experiences and the protocols are things that I am learning here. One poster when I first introduced myself vehemently stated that I need to research before I step into this business and I thought to myself that I am doing precisely that. He seemed to presume that I wasn't. I STILL haven't accepted any signings even though I have been commissioned now for 6 whole months LOL. I took the NNA course for NSA and the LSS course because I wanted to shadow Mark without actually shadowing a real life signing. I'm being very thorough in my research and so when I was scolded for taking the LSS course by one poster who claimed that I had bought lies and then scolded by another for not researching first, I definitely did not resemble those remarks.

I take from this forum the common denominators that all states share and I realize that I need a local forum for Louisiana Notaries for the finer points of state requirements. Yes I did pass the exam but when you are trying to both specialize and generalize at the same time, you need to refresh or at least confirm your recollection from the exam.

I understand that CT has pulled the rug out from under NSAs on what seems like short notice. I am a CT native. I think to myself, well then so much for specializing if I one day move back. I guess I'd need to generalize as a Mobile Notary. But CT has a set fee, do they not? I'm not there and don't recall but I used to pay just $5 at the Town Hall. How can a Mobile Notary run a viable business in CT? That is what I'd be asking myself if I were there now. I think it's a real bummer for CT NSAs but I like to think that the SS industry is getting the squeeze put on them at least, one state at a time. Does CT have a state Notary forum? I finally have one that the LNA started a couple of months ago. I'm a member of the LNA but I somehow missed to memo back then. What a difference to also have a state level forum. No more confusion over differences between state laws.

Keep us posted on how we CT peeps are rolling with business going forward. Other states could take the same stance and as CT demonstrates, it could happen on short notice, so we should all be interested in updates on the next direction an NSA sets out upon when news like this reaches them.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 looks like another notary not knowing or doing it anyway -  canotaryhere on 6/20/19 12:42pm
 Seriously confused about laws in different states. -  Ernest__CT on 6/20/19 5:29pm
 Re: Seriously confused about laws in different states. - Laureen/LA on 6/20/19 6:08pm
 Re: looks like another notary not knowing or doing it anyway -  janCA on 6/20/19 5:45pm
 Your state's law!!! n/m -  Ernest__CT on 6/20/19 5:47pm
 Re: looks like another notary not knowing or doing it anyway -  janCA on 6/20/19 5:50pm
 I do a lot of notary work at hospitals & nursing homes. A -  MW/VA on 6/20/19 5:51pm
 Re: notary not knowing - Signerbill on 6/20/19 6:36pm
 Re: notary not knowing -  canotaryhere on 6/20/19 9:11pm
 Re: notary not knowing - SC/CA on 6/21/19 11:05am
 This is not the place to look for clarity. -  Ernest__CT on 6/21/19 5:20pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.