Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: fees for refinance and new purchases
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 8/7/19 10:29pm Msg #609189
I'm not going to comment on what not to accept, but I hope anyone working direct with a title or escrow company starts the negotiations at a number higher than anything mentioned in the post above! (Those are signing service-type fees!) To the OP, I'm not saying that's what you'll always get, but fees can start above that and go up from there. If it doesn't fly, you can generally negotiate down, if you wish, but overall you'll do better starting with a higher number, IMO. (Or start with a range, beginning at the high end...)

BTW, I believe that's true for direct business from title and escrow companies from all over the country [but not so much for the big settlement companies], not just in California, although some will likely disagree with me. It's not at all uncommon for signings to be scheduled here by title co's located near the property for people who are either here on vacation or who own investment properties or second homes in other states. As others have said, there are lot of variables, but in my experience, more often than not the fees for those are above $150, sometimes significantly so. Know your craft - and then don't sell yourself short...
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 fees for refinance and new purchases - Cindy Herring on 8/7/19 3:09pm
 Re: fees for refinance and new purchases - Luckydog on 8/7/19 6:09pm
 And remember '1 size does NOT fit all' pkg. size, distance, - Lee/AR on 8/7/19 7:27pm
 The devil is certainly in the variables... - Alz on 8/7/19 10:00pm
 Re: fees for refinance and new purchases -  JanetK_CA on 8/7/19 10:29pm
 my fees don't vary based on refi or purchase..... - notarydi/CA on 8/7/19 10:13pm
 Re: fees for refinance and new purchases - ananotary on 8/7/19 10:35pm
 I learned that from you! :>) -  JanetK_CA on 8/7/19 10:45pm
 Re: I learned that from you! :>) - ananotary on 8/8/19 7:48am
 And I Learned That From You ananotary! n/m -  PegiT_MN on 8/8/19 9:47am
 Re: I learned that from you! :>) -  JanetK_CA on 8/8/19 2:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.