Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

social blunder of the year.......
Posted by notarydi/CA of CA on 9/21/19 11:47pm Msg #610397
so, I'm signing this older gentleman today (78) and a younger woman comes in about 20 minutes late to the signing. She appears to be about 30 yrs younger than him. They're talking back and forth about the details of the transaction and another property they just bought. He says, "we buy houses all the time. She helps me with my business investments." Anyway, she leaves to make a phone call. He's struggling to fill out one of the documents. He asks me to fill it out....I tell him I can't fill it out for him....and, stupid me, says.....(wait for it)

"Maybe when your daughter comes back, she can help you fill it out."

He looks up, grins at me, and chuckles....

"She's not my daughter....she's my ex-wife. We're still friends. She helps me with all my real estate transactions. Don't worry....it happens all the time. People mistake her for my daughter."

Despite putting my foot in my mouth... they asked for my card... they have another transaction coming up next week and they said they will request me. And, I ended up doing some private notary work for them today as well.

Note to self......assume nothing...…..
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 social blunder of the year....... - notarydi/CA on 9/21/19 11:47pm
 Re: social blunder of the year....... - anotaryinva on 9/22/19 5:03am
 Re: social blunder of the year....... -  Dennis_IN on 9/22/19 8:52am
 Re: social blunder of the year....... - Clem/CA on 9/22/19 9:55am
 I Knew Exactly Where This Story Was Going When You Said . . -  PegiT_MN on 9/23/19 2:10pm
 LOL. I'm sure it wasn't the first time someone made that -  MW/VA on 9/23/19 3:09pm
 Re: LOL. I - pdl/cali on 9/23/19 11:44pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.