Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Two receipts or one inclusive form
Posted by CopperheadTX of VA on 10/9/19 7:41am Msg #610918
I am also in Texas. As you already know, TX notaries are required to provide a receipt for notarial services. For GNW I always provide a receipt to the customer that separates out the travel fee from the notarization fees. I have created a pre-printed fill-in-the-blanks receipt form for GNW which I print and keep a supply in my notary bag; I handwrite the info and hand the receipt to the customer at the end of the GNW appt. Other TX notaries use one of those carbonless receipt books that you can tear the receipt out of.

As others have said, when we act as a Signing Agent we are providing many more services besides notary services. For loan signings, medical paperwork signings, etc, I charge a flat fee to my business clients that is all-inclusive, so technically I am not charging per-notarization. I send an invoice back with the signed documents (or submit pdf by email if that's how they prefer) which lists the single all-inclusive fee for "Mobile Signing Agent Services."

If you are not on the Texas Notary Professionals Facebook group, I highly suggest you join, as that is a great resource for Texas notaries.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Two receipts or one inclusive form - Tariq Salih on 10/8/19 3:56pm
 I use one QB invoice and separate travel from notarizations n/m - sigtogo/OR on 10/8/19 7:16pm
 Re: Two receipts or one inclusive form -  JanetK_CA on 10/8/19 10:31pm
 Re: Two receipts or one inclusive form -  Linda_TN on 10/9/19 12:11am
 Re: Two receipts or one inclusive form - CopperheadTX on 10/9/19 7:41am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.