Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Bad couple days
Posted by LndWelch/CA of CA on 10/18/19 4:33pm Msg #611258
I have no idea what's going on, but yesterday and today have just been off the charts weird. Prior to these two days my month has been great. I retired up in Tuolumne County 2 years ago but continue doing my work as a closing agent. I've been a closing agent eleven years, so I pretty much know what I'm doing. I really enjoyed having only two or three jobs a week, and being able to only work for companies I know were reputable and paid what I asked and on time.
Then yesterday happened...
A few days earlier I'd accepted a job for 10 a.m. and then another one at 5:30 p.m. for that same day. The 10 a.m. job was local, only a 15 minute drive, and the 5:30 one was a little farther away, about an hour drive. The company that hired me was one I worked for many times. The morning the two signings were scheduled I noticed that I had not received the documents yet for the 10 am signing. I asked where they were and was told they would be in my email shortly. While I was at it, I asked about the signing at 5:30. They said those documents would be ready early afternoon. At 9:30 I emailed again asking where the 10 am documents were. They'll get to me any minute now they said. At 9:45 I got the cancellation notice for the 10 a.m. signing. Not one to be frustrated I decided I would just go play some golf at morning and take it easy. Then I got the request to do the 10 one at 10:30. Okay fine, but where are the documents. At 10:15 still no documents. At 10:25 they cancel that appointment. Then they asked me if I could do it at 4 p.m. that night. I let them know that I already had one at 5:30 with them and that it was an hour drive away so a 4 PM closing would not be possible. Oh, and by the way where are the documents for that one at 5:30 p.m.? They're on their way was the answer. At 3 p.m. still no documents. At 3:30 p.m. I called them and informed them that if the documents weren't in my box by a quarter to 4 it was a no-go. At a quarter to 4 I called and said it wasn't going to happen. And I was feeling pretty frustrated by that. This morning I got a call to do the closing that was cancelled at 5:30, at 5 p.m. today. I accepted but let them know that I would definitely need the documents by 2:30. Not only did they never returned my call, or email, or pigeon carrier. No documents no return email, no response, no nothing. This has to be the worst I've ever been treated by a signing service. And this was one I'd worked for many times and I had thought they were really great.
So yesterday was a total wasted day sitting at the computer waiting for something to happen, and this morning was also a wasted day anticipating a signing tonight. I sure am glad I'm retired.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Bad couple days - LndWelch/CA on 10/18/19 4:33pm
 Re: Bad couple days - Luckydog on 10/18/19 6:29pm
 Re: A lot more chances than I would have ever given them n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 10/18/19 7:24pm
 Retired or not,your time is valuable and deserves respect n/m - Alz on 10/18/19 11:44pm
 Re: Bad couple days -  JanetK_CA on 10/19/19 2:35am
 Re: Bad couple days -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/19/19 8:53am
 Re: Bad couple days -  Yoli/CA on 10/19/19 9:52am
 Sounds like AMROCK n/m - Signerbill on 10/20/19 9:31am
 Re: Bad couple days - NJordan/IA on 10/20/19 12:24pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.