Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Is something better than nothing? Revenue vs. Profit.
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 11/19/19 8:45pm Msg #612531
This is a copy of a message I posted a couple of weeks ago referring to a message from years ago. Some recent comments here have prompted me to post this again, especially since it probably got lost at the bottom of a thread. The first linked message offers one of the best perspectives I've read to help evaluate the economics of when "something is better than nothing" and when it's best to just let it go.

I very strongly recommend that everyone [especially newbies] read this longish, but extremely instructive message: Msg #488879. (It's just one of several on how to look at expenses. Other messages get more into the details of how to come up with those numbers. [Anyone have other favorite old messages on this topic?])

There will probably be three different types of reactions to Marian's message:

1) Wow... Eye opening! I never thought of it that way;
2) Of course! Anyone with basic business knowledge and good sense knows this; and
3) ... [Rather than try to explain, read the post by jba/fl in the same thread with Marian's message listed above. Msg #488936. It's worth it... Wink]
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Is something better than nothing? Revenue vs. Profit. - JanetK_CA on 11/19/19 8:45pm
 Re: Is something better than nothing? Revenue vs. Profit. - jnew on 11/20/19 1:49pm
 Re: Is something better than nothing? Revenue vs. Profit. - NK_UT on 11/20/19 6:47pm
 Re: Is something better than nothing? Revenue vs. Profit. -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/20/19 6:50pm
 Re: Is something better than nothing? Revenue vs. Profit. - NK_UT on 11/20/19 6:52pm
 Dance with the devil - NVLSlady/VA on 11/20/19 7:48pm
 Re: Dance with the devil - NVLSlady/VA on 11/20/19 7:57pm
 Re: Is something better than nothing? Revenue vs. Profit. -  JanetK_CA on 11/21/19 8:40pm
 Re: Is something better than nothing? Revenue vs. Profit. - ananotary on 11/21/19 8:41am
 Not a side hustle - NVLSlady/VA on 11/22/19 1:37pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.