Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

A light at the end of the tunnel?
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 12/5/19 5:14pm Msg #613205
This is relevant, given Cheryl's message below about getting a call from her own number...

The House passed the Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence (TRACED) Act yesterday by an almost unanimous vote. It is expected to pass the Senate as well, possibly as early as next week.

According to an article in The Hill:

"The TRACED Act would require phone companies to block robocalls without charging customers any extra money and require most carriers in the U.S. ensure that calls are coming from real numbers. It would give government regulators more time to find scammers and penalize them more aggressively.

It would also require the FCC to deliver reports to Congress about what action they are taking against illegal robocalling operations and oversee a group of companies tasked with investigating where robocalls are coming from in the first place."
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 A light at the end of the tunnel? - MikeC/TX on 12/5/19 5:14pm
 We bought a blocker for our landline...but even with that - Linda_H/FL on 12/5/19 5:31pm
 Re: We bought a blocker for our landline...but even with that - MikeC/TX on 12/5/19 6:01pm
 Re: We bought a blocker for our landline...but even with that - NVLSlady/VA on 12/6/19 1:25pm
 Great news...it's such an invasion of privacy -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/5/19 6:03pm
 Re: Great news...it -  Amigoaz on 12/5/19 8:22pm
 Re: A light at the end of the tunnel? - NK_UT on 12/5/19 7:13pm
 Tks for heads up. Let's hope it gets passed - and works! -  JanetK_CA on 12/5/19 8:08pm
 I've called myself! - CST on 12/5/19 10:38pm
 Re: I've called myself! - SteveS/CA on 12/6/19 10:17am
 BOA texting - NVLSlady/VA on 12/6/19 1:15pm
 Re: BOA texting - SteveS/CA on 12/6/19 3:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.