Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: On perceived value and knowing your worth...
Posted by The Signing Resource - Kevin of CA on 3/20/24 3:36am Msg #648031
So a couple of things. I just started my mobile signing agency in Jan. I’m a Loan Signing Agent and entered this industry at the worst possible time on purpose. I love networking, I’m not afraid to open my mouth. I don’t need to make a “killing” right away. I market myself in two ways. I’m mobile, and I offer both general/specialty notary work and loan signing work. Two weeks ago I received my first assignment. Through my strategic networking efforts, someone found out I owned a mobile notary. They said they had been looking for a flexible mobile notary…bingo!
The job called for 11 sigs for 11 acknowledgements for 11 Simple IRA’s. Location 40 miles r/t. I’m in Socal. Assignment took around an hour and half No printing plus snacks and free parking. Very upscale neighborhood in West LA. My fee $100.00 per hour. The invoice read $100.00 per hr. x 1 ½ =$150.00+$165.00 (11x$15=$165.00)+$80.00 ($2.00 per mile 80 miles)
$150.00+165.00+$80.00=$395.00 Of course I let them know that because they were a first -time customer I would offer them a discount.
Tomorrow, I have my second assignment. This one is from a SS and they called with an offer of $95.00 for sellers package (30 pages x2) .08 miles from my home and no scan backs. Received doc.s 3 days before assignment. Great company so far to work with, I’ll update how things go.
I know I’ve been lucky to get these two assignments as my first experience as a notary, I believe you get what you ask for. I’m marketing myself and my business as an honest and reliable, flexible mobile notary and it’s starting to work. I’m going to try to avoid accepting low ball fees that don’t fit my business model.
For twenty years, I was a corporate recruiter and learned it doesn’t pay to accept extreme low ball fees, it’s just not worth it. Unless it’s in your business model, don’t. Your clients/client companies and your peers will appreciate you.
Signing rates will go up again, dredge will leave the industry because suddenly refi money isn’t falling from the sky. The industry as a whole needs a little cleaning, I think. I’ve seen some real doosies on YouTube claiming to be pro’s espousing how to be a successful mobile notary…wow.!
My goal is to be direct to escrow co/title co’s and obviously avoid the platforms. I’m finding out bad notary apples have made it difficult to be accepted by the titans of title co’s Ticor or Fidelity. I think I found a way in though. Stay tuned!
kk
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 On perceived value and knowing your worth... - JanetK_CA on 3/16/24 2:56am
 Re: On perceived value and knowing your worth... -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/16/24 11:46am
 Re: On perceived value and knowing your worth... - SteveS/CA on 3/16/24 7:15pm
 Re: On perceived value and knowing your worth... -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/16/24 11:53pm
 Re: On perceived value and knowing your worth... - The Signing Resource - Kevin on 3/20/24 3:36am
 Welcome to NotRot, Kevin -  Yoli/CA on 3/20/24 9:33am
 Re: On perceived value and knowing your worth... -  JanetK_CA on 3/20/24 5:41pm
 This also hold true for R/E brokers. food for thought..... n/m - sigtogo/OR on 3/18/24 7:37pm
 Re: On perceived value and knowing your worth... - The Signing Resource - Kevin on 3/20/24 3:39am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.