Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

You'll probably need file and loan numbers
Posted by  Sharon Taylor of TN on 6/7/08 6:25am Msg #250349
I now write the File and Loan numbers from the HUD on my Journal page for each closing. I wasn't doing that until last year when I contacted a title company about payment and was bounced around from person to person, which each one claiming that unless I had the file or loan number, they couldn't help. I kept trying to get them to do it by name, but every one of the people I spoke with refused to assist unless I had the file or loan number. The borrower kept promising to find her paperwork and call me back, but after 4 calls and getting put off each time, I finally gave up. Normally I burn all downloaded files to backup CDs every month or two, but this loan took place just before I had a computer crash and lost a hard drive. Sigh.
No criticism, please, on what I could have/should have noting the file and loan numbers for each loan in your Journal.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Contacting Escrow for Payments -  Cheryl Anderson on 6/7/08 12:09am
 Re: Contacting Escrow for Payments -  101livescan on 6/7/08 12:18am
 Re: Contacting Escrow for Payments - CopperheadVA on 6/7/08 5:43am
 You'll probably need file and loan numbers -  Sharon Taylor on 6/7/08 6:25am
 Re: You'll probably need file and loan numbers - more -  Sharon Taylor on 6/7/08 6:28am
 Re: Contacting Escrow for Payments - nolanotary on 6/7/08 7:02am
 Re: Contacting Escrow for Payments -  PAW on 6/7/08 7:54am
 Re: Contacting Escrow for Payments -  101livescan on 6/7/08 9:36am
 Re: Contacting Escrow for Payments -  MonicaFL on 6/7/08 9:50am
 Re: Contacting Escrow for Payments - CopperheadVA on 6/7/08 10:06am
 Re: Contacting Escrow for Payments -  GWest on 6/7/08 11:18am
 Re: Contacting Escrow for Payments -  Cheryl Anderson on 6/7/08 1:11pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.